News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

DC Power Jack Help Neede

Started by PostPaintBoy, December 31, 2011, 12:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PostPaintBoy

Ok, guys. I'm wiring up my Slow Loris and have to somewhat of an issue in regards to wiring the power supply jack. On the wiring diagram, it shows the jack connected to a battery snap which I have no intention of using. Can someone please help me by explaining what gets connected to the power supply jack? thanks in advance.

jkokura

If you would like to eliminate the Battery Clip, all you have to do is not connect it. Otherwise everything is the same.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

PostPaintBoy

So, where on the board would I connect the power supply to? The board has a square and circle pad. Thanks.

sgmezei

The square pad. If you take a look on the document, look at the single layer etching diagram. The 9v goes to R12 then D6. The circle is an extra ground pad.

PostPaintBoy

Now I only get the effect (a weak effect) when the input cable is only half way in?

sgmezei

It sounds like something is getting grounded. Can you post pics?

On the input lug, double check the wiring for the three contacts if you used a stereo plug. If you are not then you can use a mono jack.

PostPaintBoy

I must have followed something incorrectly because I only have two solder points on my input jack. Where is the third supposed to go?

jkokura

If you're not using a Battery Snap, it stays unconnected.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals