News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LectricFx Downtown - SubHarm pot not working

Started by aleximan, March 23, 2022, 10:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleximan

This is actually my 2nd build. I put together succesfulla a germanium fuzz face clone and I wanted to continue in fuzzy style but adding the octaves...the kit seemed perfect in terms of taste, now I realized a little less perfect in terms of my knowhow to put it together :D :D :D
Probed C27...I have the muffled sound on both pins..
Gave another try re-soldering the IC12 base and I found again the wave (whw IC12 removed), vhen installed music can be heard only on pin2 of IC11, the other have the same whistle as before.

...as you suggested..I will probably put it in a drawer, learn a few more things in electronics ant the maybe someday reopen itand succesfully fix it. Its  frustrating at this time.

thanks for all the assistance. Will stay in touch ;)

best regards,

Alex

Scruffie

A fuzz face to this is less of a jump and more attempting to flap your arms and fly ;D

Oh, sorry, that's my fault, audio at IC11 pin 2 is right.

Well, I think you're close, but I can't think of what to suggest at the moment apart from methodically checking all your values and solder joints in the two areas. You've tried replacing the chips and while not impossible, passives such as diodes, caps and resistors being faulty is rare. Perhaps a week or two away will give you a fresh set of eyes.
Works at Lectric-FX