News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

CAN'T DECIDE!!!

Started by evildead222, December 02, 2013, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evildead222

I don't know which muff to make.  Mayo, Musket, Pharaoh?  Anyone who plays doom metal, which is heaviest?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: evildead222 on December 02, 2013, 11:30:41 PM
I don't know which muff to make.  Mayo, Musket, Pharaoh?  Anyone who plays doom metal, which is heaviest?

Pharaoh is doomalishous for sure. I love how it can nail the older doom sound like Sleep and Electric Wizard. just my 2 cents.

evildead222

how's the musket? i have all the parts to make it!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: evildead222 on December 02, 2013, 11:42:04 PM
how's the musket? i have all the parts to make it!

I have yet to build one. What layout do you have for it? I know there is a LPB-1 in the input which sounds fun but have yet to find a verified layout to try other than the vero from Mark. I have not made a BMP on a vero since I learned about the Mudbunny. Guess its just made me lazy since I started with vero but I love the whole process of etching.

evildead222

im looking at the layout on tagboard effects from ivlark

jkokura

The answer to this question is "yes, build all of them."

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Quote from: jkokura on December 03, 2013, 12:30:19 AM
The answer to this question is "yes, build all of them."

Jacob
+1000

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

wretched

lol I was going to ask the same question earlier today. I built a Mayo and Violet Rams Head already and am looking for something new to build.

You will probably end up building as many as I can But you should build the Pharaoh next. let me know how it goes and maybe a parts list :)

Do  you have the muff excel?

evildead222

selfdestroyer

Quote from: evildead222 on December 03, 2013, 02:39:43 AM
no what's the muff excel?

Its a spreadsheet put together by Juansolo here on the forums.

http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/muffbuild.html

Its the grail when building muffs on Mudbunny boards. Don't look directly at the  document. Its awesomeness will burn a hole in your head for sure... yeah, its that good.

Cody

wretched

Yep that's the one. it is the devil.

If you were looking to build 1 muff, you may end up with more :) That King of the Muffs looks good

alanp

I'd say Pharoah, for doom... ?Lady for other metal (it's sharp, metal, but the Ge side of the Pharoah turns it into soft fuzzy yet somehow metal sludge.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

evildead222

The muff excel is sweet!  Definitely building a pharaoh next!

timbo_93631

I'm gearing up to build a Musket next week, going to use the fo-SHO PCB from the oshPark shared projects thread or a guitarPCB sho'Nuff (whichever arrives first)reconfigured as an LPB-1 into a Mudbunny.  Should be pretty neato.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Stomptown

Ultra stoner is pretty awesome!