News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Love and Compression

Started by pickdropper, January 08, 2013, 02:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirbergersworth

Quote from: bigrigg on January 08, 2013, 10:29:46 PM
IF that were any cleaner of a build...you'd have to list sanitizer in the build docs!

What he said ^^^ and amazing!
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

lincolnic

Quote from: pickdropper on January 09, 2013, 12:37:06 AM
Quote from: lincolnic on January 08, 2013, 10:42:13 PM
Yeah, but how many Peeps can you fit inside?

It depends how much compression is applied.  :-)

Best possible answer.

Stomptown

Hey Pickdropper, looking at the guts I see something around the green led lens holding it in place. Yes? What is that exactly? I bought a bunch of those lenses and I noticed they don't stay in place well.

pickdropper

Quote from: Stomptown on January 09, 2013, 05:22:34 AM
Hey Pickdropper, looking at the guts I see something around the green led lens holding it in place. Yes? What is that exactly? I bought a bunch of those lenses and I noticed they don't stay in place well.

Those lenses are designed to have a white retention ring on the bottom (I think they call it a spacer).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on January 09, 2013, 05:25:55 AM
Quote from: Stomptown on January 09, 2013, 05:22:34 AM

Those lenses are designed to have a white retention ring on the bottom (I think they call it a spacer).

do you know where too buy them or have a link? I got a bunch of the lenses at mouser but did not realize I needed the spacer and they were not included...

pickdropper

I know I got the spacers from Mouser.

Do you know the part number for the ones you have?  There are different sized lenses, so that is important.
Function f(x)

wolfingsworth

This looks really nice and all, but I think you forgot to use wire  ::)(at least I can't see any). This is beyond clean. Well done!

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on January 09, 2013, 05:39:03 AM

Do you know the part number for the ones you have?  There are different sized lenses, so that is important.

I bought a bunch of 593-3000 (low profile) and 593-2800 (Standard) lenses. I got them in various colors and all of them are made for 5mm led's. It is the 593-3000's I need the spacers for as the 2800's seem to be fine without. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Jon W

pickdropper

Quote from: Stomptown on January 09, 2013, 06:10:35 AM
Quote from: pickdropper on January 09, 2013, 05:39:03 AM

I bought a bunch of 593-3000 (low profile) and 593-2800 (Standard) lenses. I got them in various colors and all of them are made for 5mm led's. It is the 593-3000's I need the spacers for as the 2800's seem to be fine without. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Jon W

According to the datasheet, these are the ones you want:

593-SPC125
Function f(x)