News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RIP - haveyouseenhim

Started by madbean, February 07, 2022, 11:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

We lost a member of the DIY community and a longtime member here- Mike Scheurer aka haveyouseenhim.

Mike came to us all the way back in 2013. He was really active for a couple of years then kind of dropped off. He stayed fairly active on DIYSB which is where I saw the news. He also had a great sense of humor and contributed a lot to the vibe of this forum early on. Here are some good threads of his:

Cleverbot
Granny's Klon
Sunburst Stompbox

You can find his obit here: https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/23876518/michael-l-scheurer

So long, Mike. And thanks for putting so much of yourself out there for us to enjoy.

pickdropper

That's awful.  So very young.

I remember that Granny Klon build very well.

RIP Mike
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Oh my gosh, I remember, very inspirational. He was very young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Willybomb

I remember being inspired by his Grannyklon finish.

cooder

Very sad to hear, way too early. :'(
BigNoise Amplification

culturejam

Rest in peace, breadboard brother.  :'(
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

midwayfair

:( RIP crazy guy (and alter ego Thteven as well)

He blew up a pile of cell phones just for me when he found out I didn't like them. There aren't that many people I've met online for such a brief period who were so memorable.

peAk

Wow, he sold me some caps back in the day.

I remember him shooting that, if memory serves me right, that Gorilla amp.

RIP

Haberdasher

I remember a couple of those threads and some videos of shooting at stuff and blowing things up.  He seemed like he'd have been pretty wild to hang out with in real life.

RIP
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Bret608

The Granny Klon always sticks out in my mind for sure! His username always made me think of the old skateboarding video, "The Search for Animal Chin." Just another one of the reasons he was a memorable forum member. I can only imagine what his family is going through.

Stomptown

Man, this is really sad news. RIP Mike.

nzCdog

Ohhh thats really sad to hear. RIP :'(

matmosphere

Man, that is sad news. I saw some of those builds when I was just starting out, some really inspiring, ingenious ideas. Especially the sunburst. I feel for his family, he was young and just married.

neve1272

sad news very sorry for his friends and family.....i remember some of his vids on you tube? i think it was him
Kip