News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Queen of Bone from Rullywow

Started by dannoceti, May 18, 2014, 04:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannoceti

Just finished building the Queen of Bone by Rullywow. Luckily Ben designed this to run at 9v and 18v, because I forgot to order the charge pump, oops. So right now I am just running it at 9v until I order and receive a TC1044SCPA.

One mistake I made to help future builders was drilling the 9v plug in the middle of the back of the enclosure. This didn't leave enough room for the board. Definitely drill the hole closer to the bottom or base plate. I had to router out a longer hole and use a brass plate to cover it up. It actually looks pretty cool though with a long gold plate on the back, I'll include a pic.

Also, Ben was very helpful as I ended up having a few questions along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

Nice job! Love those ol' skool fender knobs! Nice innards too.

rullywowr

Nice Job, Dan!  I like the color choices and the wiring is super clean. How do you like the sound?  And thanks for the kind words, glad to help wherever I can.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

dannoceti

Sounds great ! Just been having fun dialing it in with all the diode switches and presence controls.

alanp

The brass backplate looks kinda cool :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

das234

Are those the recommended pots on the 3PDT boards?  Maybe it's the perspective of the photo but they look big to me.

Leevibe

Quote from: alanp on May 18, 2014, 08:10:05 AM
The brass backplate looks kinda cool :)

Yeah. Looks like the ground plate inside an old fender amp. You ought to be able to claim mojo points for it.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

dannoceti

Quote from: das234 on May 18, 2014, 11:59:11 AM
Are those the recommended pots on the 3PDT boards?  Maybe it's the perspective of the photo but they look big to me.
no they ended up being  a bit oversized, but luckily they still fit. They are 5k trim pots for the led.