News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Urgent non-Sale Sale - please read

Started by madbean, March 02, 2022, 05:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

I already have a ton of boards waiting for me to build, but my wife happily gave me her blessing to buy more for a good cause.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on March 03, 2022, 06:57:14 PM
I already have a ton of boards waiting for me to build, but my wife happily gave me her blessing to buy more for a good cause.
Please tell me you're just kidding and you bought them becuse you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

"I'm doing my part!".gif
(I didn't know how gauche it would be to embed that actual GIF in this thread, given world events, so hopefully y'all get the reference without it…)

*…realizes he just bought nearly all Genius level boards after years of soldering skill atrophy*

alanp

You talked me into it, Brian.

(... not that he had to try very hard.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

EBK

"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on March 04, 2022, 12:02:56 PM
Quote from: jimilee on March 03, 2022, 09:51:01 PM
you bought them a use you can.
I'm having trouble parsing this.  ???

I'm guessing spellcheck is to blame.

Maybe 'a use' was supposed to be because?

jimilee

Quote from: matmosphere on March 04, 2022, 12:41:21 PM
Quote from: EBK on March 04, 2022, 12:02:56 PM
Quote from: jimilee on March 03, 2022, 09:51:01 PM
you bought them a use you can.
I'm having trouble parsing this.  ???

I'm guessing spellcheck is to blame.

Maybe 'a use' was supposed to be because?
Bingo!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

EBK

I bought for multiple reasons.  My wife always supports my hobby, but she doesn't understand it ("What are planning to do with all of those pedals?"  ::)).  She and I both understand helping human beings who are needlessly suffering.  Brian made helping easier.  So, although I could have bought these boards before, my wife was enthusiastic about it this time. We'll be doing more to support the humanitarian efforts in Ukraine and elsewhere (probably doing a lot through our church, which does a ton of this work and effectively coordinates with lots of other organizations), but participating here was an easy first step.

jimilee

Quote from: EBK on March 04, 2022, 02:00:28 PM
I bought for multiple reasons.  My wife always supports my hobby, but she doesn't understand it ("What are planning to do with all of those pedals?"  ::)).  She and I both understand helping human beings who are needlessly suffering.  Brian made helping easier.  So, although I could have bought these boards before, my wife was enthusiastic about it this time. We'll be doing more to support the humanitarian efforts in Ukraine and elsewhere (probably doing a lot through our church, which does a ton of this work and effectively coordinates with lots of other organizations), but participating here was an easy first step.
I was just giving you a hard time about obtaining permission. sorry for the confusion.

madbean

Quote from: EBK on March 04, 2022, 02:00:28 PM

Yeah, it has been on my mind a lot. I guess I realized that if I can spend a few hundred dollars on the Danelectro I bought a couple weeks ago then I can do this too. I don't do much giving other than the few fundraisers we've done in the past here. The older I get the more I realize there's not really much of anything I want or lack in terms of comfort. So I think this is a beginning for me to start doing better. Honestly I havent even told my wife we're doing this, haha. She'll be cool with it.

jimilee

I can't believe this is going on. A developed country is invading another developed country. That just blows my mind. They're not even in the desert. It seems so archaic, like the return of the Cold War.

madbean

I'm going to end the sale tonight at 11:59 CST. It's been a great turn-out so far and since we seem to be getting close to my "matching limit" I think it's fair to call this a big success. You guys have absolutely rocked this.

I'll have a final update on the total raised and info on the donation by the end of the weekend. You guys have made a difference here. A very real one. Be proud.