News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

125B Pedalboard

Started by dan.schumaker, December 01, 2014, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

Ok, last post for a while  :)

Finally finished up my 125B pedalboard that I have been working towards for a while.  Its a two tiered board, bottom is wrapped in leftover tweed, top has aluminum channel around it (like the bass board I posted last week).  Lots of knobs and switches on this one...

Signal chain is: IO/Buffer & Power -> GuitarPCB Mo-Wah -> Engineer's Thumb (vero) -> Wampler '57 Tweed (vero) -> ROG Britannia (vero) -> DLS MkIII (vero) -> GuitarPCB Lunar Module -> Iron Bell (vero) -> Madbean Fatpants -> GuitarPCB Dr. Phybes Phaser (I already replaced this with a Spaceharp Phaser) -> Madbean Current Lover -> 1776/Jon Patton Cardinal Trem -> 1776 Multiplex Jr. -> Madbean Moodring -> Back to IO/Buffer

flanagan0718

Thomas_H

Thats a cool approach.
We know that 125 B are only slighly larger than 1590b but due to the jacks at the top this makes a great space saving.
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Luke51411

Love it! The 125B is such a sensible box. You can fit a lot in a small space with top mounted jacks. Yet I still find myself cramming stuff into 1590a boxes from time to time...

icecycle66

What you have done is exactly why I got into building pedals.
Although, I haven't actually gotten around to doing that yet.

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Luke51411 on December 01, 2014, 02:47:28 PM
Love it! The 125B is such a sensible box. You can fit a lot in a small space with top mounted jacks. Yet I still find myself cramming stuff into 1590a boxes from time to time...

I have to take a picture of my 1590A board too.  I have 4 boards going right now (I'll put up pictures of my 1590A and large board work-in-progress).  I think my wife is right in saying I have a problem...

jubal81

Just Brilliant. 12 effects about as compact as you can get.

This is exactly the reason I'm a big 125b fan. In the grand scheme, they take up the same space as a 1590a, but can house so much more.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

dan.schumaker

Quote from: jubal81 on December 01, 2014, 04:03:07 PM
Just Brilliant. 12 effects about as compact as you can get.

This is exactly the reason I'm a big 125b fan. In the grand scheme, they take up the same space as a 1590a, but can house so much more.

The board is 24" x 12".  I figure that's pretty compact.  It has just about all flavors of modulation, along with Fender, Vox, Marshall, Fuzz Face and Muff distortions on there

muddyfox

Oh damn...

I may just flatter you in the most extensive way and just duplicate your board!  ;D

So... about that A board... spill it!

Stomptown

Thats a great design there!  And a strong argument for top mounted jacks!

pickdropper

Top mounted jacks on 125B FTW.

Looks great, Dan.  And super space efficient.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

Great board Dan, I dig and use the 125B with topmount jacks too, really makes a great compact board and the riser is what I have too.
Well done, great to see. :)
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

Hmmm. so much great stuff on there... I might just make a new pedal board over the christmas break ;)
would give me the chance to finally hide my big PSU as well as having central in/out jacks on the side of the board.
If i merge all the awesome board stuff I saw here, it will be the king of pedalboards  8)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jkokura

The 125B really is the perfect guitar pedal enclosure, isn't it?!?!!

I love this. I've assembled many 125B only pedalboards myself. In fact, I have one in the works currently that's very themed. So stoked for that one, but this board is very encompassing.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

wstimson

Quote from: jkokura on December 01, 2014, 08:15:55 PM
The 125B really is the perfect guitar pedal enclosure, isn't it?!?!!

Absolutely it is.

Looks great, man!