News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hmmm... Catalinbread's Self-oscilating Fuzz

Started by micromegas, January 24, 2015, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micromegas

I like the volume interaction.... super gated fuzz  :P.
Don't know if useful, but definitely a fun pedal it is. Would like to see its insides...

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

drezdn

That would be perfect for a Man... or Astroman? tribute band.

RobA

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Muadzin

It sounds like a bunch of Devi Ever pedals have gotten together to gangrape a Fuzz Factory and created a bastard offspring. Judging by that talk about input impedance I reckon this will not be a pedal that will do well sitting behind a buffer.

GrindCustoms

Saw that clip in my facebook feed, quite digging it, having trem happening on the decay of output strength.. is something i could lost couple hours with.

Quote from: Muadzin on January 24, 2015, 11:57:39 PM
It sounds like a bunch of Devi Ever pedals have gotten together to gangrape a Fuzz Factory and created a bastard offspring. Judging by that talk about input impedance I reckon this will not be a pedal that will do well sitting behind a buffer.

Hahahahaha! Great description! But yeah... i think you're right about the buffer. :-\
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Muadzin

Quote from: GrindCustoms on January 25, 2015, 12:08:50 AMHahahahaha! Great description! But yeah... i think you're right about the buffer. :-\

Based on that I'm not sure if I would like to have this effect as a pedal. Internally inside a guitar however..... Vegas, baby!!!

micromegas

Quote from: RobA on January 24, 2015, 04:59:28 PM
Oh yeah!

I like the plate reverb too.
Heard the plate reverb today. It sounds nice. The feedback thing is just crazy.

Here's some nice info about reverb and reverb algorithms. http://freeverb3vst.sourceforge.jp/reverb.shtml
There's still plenty to explore with FV-1 capabilities.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io