News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Re: Wrong Product

Started by K3yPr0gg3r, June 12, 2016, 12:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3yPr0gg3r

Hi,

If anyone could use these, send me your info in a P.M. and I'll send them off. Ordered a JRC4558 from S.B. and got these...first pic. when I was looking for this...second pic. Mammoth has the proper ones, only there's a D at the end, (JRC4558D). I don't know if that matters. Again, let me know if anyone wants these...otherwise I'm pitching them.

Thanks

matmosphere

What project are you using it in? The D shouldn't matter, there are numerous versions of the 4558 made by various companies most if not all should work, but there might be some subtle differences in the sound depending on the circuit.

Haberdasher

Nah, don't throw them out.  There are certain projects that use those chips even though they aren't nearly as common.
Matter of fact, I've got some RC4558 chips (same thing as jrc4558 except made by texas instruments) I'd be happy to trade you for them if you still need some.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

K3yPr0gg3r

Matmosphere, building JMK's Steaming Kettle. Jacob states in build docs to use a JRC4558, although he does say one can use a TL072, TL082, LM1458, etc. I saw a "stock" build on YouTube, and it sounded great...lots of balls!! That's what I'm chasing. Haberdasher, already received some RC's today, but I'd be happy to send you these if you want...

Thanks guys

hoodoo

Grindcustoms Octane overdrive uses these, just build another pedal mate  ;)

EBRAddict

RC4558 vs JRC4558D? I wouldn't notice an audible difference between them and wouldn't be able to see a difference on a scope in a typical guitar pedal setup in the audio band.

K3yPr0gg3r

I've also got 8 DPDT footswitches, (solder lug), from Mouser that I can't use! I need to reorder the PCB mount kind for the particular "breakout" I want to use. Let me know if anyone wants these as well, cause they're just taking up space with me.

Thanks