News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Giant Hogweed: not working :-(

Started by Addy Bart, May 06, 2016, 12:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Addy Bart

Evening all,
I've just finished putting together the Giant Hogweed that drolo so kindly gifted me in his Christmas PIF, and to my dismay it passes no sound... Not even the LED comes on. After a couple of successful projects, this one was a bit of an ordeal getting everything into the enclosure, and I'm not exactly proud of the guts... But I will post them if I get really stuck! Straight away I've noticed that I connected all the lines that need power to the lug on the DC jack normally used for the battery...
So my question is, does it matter which + lug you connect to?
Thanks in advance,

Addy

midwayfair

If you're using a switched jack, the "center" lug for the battery + lead is disconnected when there's an adapter plugged in (so the battery doesn't drain), so it won't work with anything except a battery in that case.

Once you fix that, if it still isn't working, post voltages, pictures, and audio probe results.

Addy Bart

Ah, I see... I'll swap the lugs around and go from there. Thanks very much for your help, Jon.

Jebus

That's something I've done multiple times..  :-[ Do you own a multimeter? I nowadays check that the board gets proper +9V before even plugging it between amp and a guitar.

Addy Bart

Good idea on testing before boxing. I'm a little embarrassed I didn't think of that myself.
But after swapping the lugs around, the pedal is working just fine and sounds incredible. There's an abundance of different textures available... I had no idea how much fun this thing was going to be  ;D