News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

four phab phasers

Started by 29palms, January 15, 2022, 03:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29palms

Hi all, I haven't posted any builds for a while so here goes.
I got back into making electronic music again during lockdown sp decoded I needed some fx to go with synths. What goes better than phasers eh?

I wanted to build a Jurgen Haible phaser but boards weren't available so next stop Brian's Glasshole :o but due to angry pensioners, importing to the UK was off the menu ::) so I ended up building a dead end FX calypso.

This is a hard build due to the double decker pcb. I made loads of f'ups and managed to ruin the power LED
I wish all build docs were as helpful as Madbeans are.

This is a great sounding optical phaser!

I finally managed to get a board for the Jurgen Haible phaser which is a clone of the Compact Phasing A unit used by tangerine dream among others. It's a giant board with some hard to get parts and AC power but definitely worth it for phaser fans out there (Jimi Lee) ;) It's got this cool sweep, maybe cos of these actual lamp bulbs it uses.

I managed to score a cool lamp cover for the indicator which pulses in time with the sweep, it came from the scoreboard of a dart board!

Next up Lectric FX's Countdown. Straightforward build, I even manged to cram it into the suggested box  ;D

This is a really unique sounding phaser with almost flange tones, I'd definitely reccomend it to anyone looking for something different.

Finally, I wanted something for stereo effects so I built this 'rack' style duo-phase using the pedal pcb board. It's not as well featured as the deadend fx version but easier to build I bet. I wired it for stereo/mono outputs and series and paralell options, sounds great on pads

My other half asks if I've got 'enough of those now' but I've got my eye on Brain's Polytrog now  :D

thanks for looking!

jimilee

Enough? Noooo. There is a family photo of most of mine here somewhere, seems like there was about 20 or 30. I've got one I need to build now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Now there's some sweeping phasey goodness! What a great bunch, no surprise Jimi is drooling and has sleepless nights now... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

29palms

Aentons