News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Loophole loFi-looper

Started by thomasha, October 22, 2023, 11:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasha

Hi, it has been a long time, but I finished the loophole in a 1590LB box build.
I used the changes I suggested here:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=34223.msg328020#msg328020
I used two boards for this build, one for the potentiometers and the LFO and one for the main effect.
While putting it together I noticed that my board layout was not optimal, if you consider the placement of jacks and switches.

Cheers, Thomas

jessenator

you absolute wizardly madman! Impressive shrinkage you've got going on there. Love the design, too. That's etched, yeah?

jimilee

Hey Thomas, can you refresh my memory on the loophole?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thomasha

QuoteThat's etched, yeah?
Yes! And filled with black paint, so that it gives a good contrast.

QuoteHey Thomas, can you refresh my memory on the loophole?
The loophole follows the same concept of zvex's LoFi loop, using a different answering machine IC.
The PDF I have is from 2015, once there was a board for it, now you can only find it here
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/archives/index.html

Mine follows this modification, which adds the wobbling by oscillating around the supply voltage of the main IC:
I skipped the detune and depth functions, though. 

madbean

I always meant to get back to this one. I remember I had come up with an idea to do sound on sound / layering. Just never got around to doing anything with it.

Anyway, your build is sick!

nzCdog

gordo

I have nightmares about these sorts of enclosures...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Bio77

<mind blown emoji> 

Are the solder brides on the ISD chip the jumpers on the tagboard layout? 

thomasha

QuoteAre the solder brides on the ISD chip the jumpers on the tagboard layout?
Yes, the ISD I used is the ISD2560, and it has several pins that are connecter together. Since I used the SMD version, it all got together in a big lump of solder.

QuoteI always meant to get back to this one. I remember I had come up with an idea to do sound on sound / layering. Just never got around to doing anything with it.
I tried something like that when messing with the ISD1720. Unfortunately it had a beep every time the recording restarted. It would require way more switches, though.

JakeFuzz

Wow that looks great! I cant believe you were able to fit all that in such a small enclosure. Most excellent build.

jimilee

Quote from: JakeFuzz on October 26, 2023, 01:38:28 AM
Wow that looks great! I cant believe you were able to fit all that in such a small enclosure. Most excellent build.
He put a DMM in one of those, I'm sure this was a walk in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thomasha

Some late night noodling:

In the video I placed a distortion pedal after the looper, since it filters the high end.
In my opinion, the sound is better when the recording was done with a clean guitar.

nzCdog

That modulation sounds sweet!