News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Moving Day!

Started by GermanCdn, February 26, 2015, 04:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

So, after what can only reasonably be described as far too long (one failed build with a contractor who defaulted, one town we were considering building in being wiped off the map by a once in a millennium flood, and the current house missing its delivery date by 50%), we move into our new house on Friday.  As such, been packing up all week.  This is what my living room looks like right now, figured some of you would enjoy it.

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

jubal81

You don't need movers. You need roadies!

That's amazing.  :o
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

alanp

Were you in any trouble with the rest of your household when they saw all that lot in one place?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GermanCdn

Quote from: alanp on February 26, 2015, 05:08:09 AM
Were you in any trouble with the rest of your household when they saw all that lot in one place?

Yup.  When you spread them out all over the house, it doesn't look so bad.  When Bon saw them all in one place, she wasn't overly inspired by the sight.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

billstein

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 26, 2015, 05:11:36 AM

Yup.  When you spread them out all over the house, it doesn't look so bad.  When Bon saw them all in one place, she wasn't overly inspired by the sight.

Women obviously don't understand what real men need! They're all like "But don't we need that money for food." Pathetic. You can't play food babe. It's all about priorities, they just don't get it.

playpunk

Your cAse collection is worth more than my car. :) have fun in the new house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

m-Kresol

Quote from: billstein on February 26, 2015, 06:34:25 AM

Quote from: GermanCdn on February 26, 2015, 05:11:36 AM

Women obviously don't understand what real men need! They're all like "But don't we need that money for food." Pathetic. You can't play food babe. It's all about priorities, they just don't get it.

That actually made me laugh. And somehow I expected more...  ???
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

flanagan0718

Sir, you have a sickness and the only cure is

and by cowbell i mean guitars!

GermanCdn

Quote from: m-Kresol on February 26, 2015, 11:26:59 AM

That actually made me laugh. And somehow I expected more...  ???

There were 53 trips up the stairs to get that load done, brings the count to 106.  But sure, I can grow that number.....

selfdestroyer

Is there a time when you sat down on the stairs and looked at it all and said, "damn, I have a problem" ? Naaa I didn't think so. lol

Cody

GermanCdn

Quote from: selfdestroyer on February 26, 2015, 05:27:02 PM
Is there a time when you sat down on the stairs and looked at it all and said, "damn, I have a problem" ? Naaa I didn't think so. lol

Cody

No, but I did think I really need to find a band, cause there's a lot of contained awesomeness in that load that needs to be spread around.

Haberdasher

string changing day must be a real hoot
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Govmnt_Lacky

I really don't even know what to say to that.....

What do you do with 106 guitars really?  :-\