News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover, Thinner board

Started by darrenw6000, July 25, 2016, 02:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrenw6000

Anyone successfully build one yet with the thinner boards, I tried 2 now and all i get is a clean sound on flange mode and a slightly distorted sound when on matrix mode. this is happening on both boards.

madbean

Two builds same problem - what I would look at is if you are getting signal into and out of the MN3007 first. Audio probe pin3 for input and either pin7 or 8 for the output.

darrenw6000

Got the old audio probe out. Signal on the input nothing on pin 7 or 8 so does that mean I have a dodgy BBD?

madbean

Quote from: darrenw6000 on July 26, 2016, 01:44:58 PM
Got the old audio probe out. Signal on the input nothing on pin 7 or 8 so does that mean I have a dodgy BBD?

It could, but don't give up on it quite yet. How are your voltages on the BBD? I assume you have tried adjusting the clock and bias trims, correct? Did you make any subs on the build? And, where did you get your MN3007 from?

darrenw6000

smallbear. Just noticed i have a 22k instead of the 24k at R23, will that be the problem.

jimilee

Quote from: darrenw6000 on July 30, 2016, 12:09:18 PM
smallbear. Just noticed i have a 22k instead of the 24k at R23, will that be the problem.
Nope, that wouldn't affect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gül

FWIW I've built two of the thin boards, they both work perfectly.