News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cool Audio makes tubes now?

Started by culturejam, December 18, 2012, 01:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Scruffie

Quote from: culturejam on December 18, 2012, 01:44:22 AM
http://www.coolaudio.com/products_vacuumtubes.html

I must have missed the press release.
No unit order prices yet so guess they're pretty new. No idea if Behringer has been using them in there amps for however long they've been making them or they decided to get there own line to cut costs.
Works at Lectric-FX

jkokura

I'd bet they're rebranded Chinese stuff anyway. Like most companies, who get them ordered to certain specs and then brand them as their own.

But if they aren't, they are the parent company to a bunch of inexpensive and cheap music gear production lines, so I'm not surprised. They need tubes for tube gear, and they make their own rip offs of everything else, why not tubes.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

atreidesheir

They all look exactly like the Shuguang equivalent (getters, heaters, bases).  Decent tubes to be sure, but nothing too premium.  If you are happy with the price, they are a good buy.  Same tubes as most house brand tubes.  Groove tubes culled their tubes from the same batches.

The 12ax7 is pretty strong and sound good in high gainers and my favorite overdriver tube (2nd) in the Peavey Classic 30.  
I had the el34s in a 50 watt marshall head a few eardrums ago.  They sound just pretty fine and last about as well as the new sensor stuff.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman