News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BOM Spreadsheet

Started by Brian.robert, November 18, 2011, 06:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian.robert

I don't know if anyone else would find this useful, but I put together a spreadsheet of all the materials for my next 5 builds.  It totals up all the different parts to make it easier when I order.  Probably not to helpful for all those that keep a stockpile in the work area, but feel free to message me, and I'll send it to you. 

On the list are the DMM, Dinky Drive, Green Bean, Thunderpuss, and Slow Loris.

Also if anyone else has a good way to keep track of part lists I would love to hear it.

nzCdog

Thats a good idea B.R.
I was wondering if there was a more efficient way to keep an inventory of parts... currently I use partitioned plastic boxes and try and keep spares of everything.   When I get the BOM of a new project I go through the list with a pen and take the parts 'in stock' and put them in a plastic bag separately for the build.  Then I order whats left.  However, I have managed to order about a million of one or two caps in a mixup before.  Plenty of 1uF and 47nF to keep me going for w while yet ;D ::)

add4

I have made a excel sheet with my components stock and i tried to add components prices from several sources. When i want to order for new projects, i go through it and make a new excel list with the needs, which automatically estimates the cost if i buy that list from one site or another one.
Still not perfects, but it's nice....
it still have to find an easy way to add the new components i've received to keep it up to date without too much work.

Om_Audio

I am revisiting this as I have 20 boards to buy parts for and I need to get organized. I am thinking an Excel like this- the part columns would auto total at the bottom of the columns:

Project Name - part1 - part2 - part3 - etc. (this will go on horizontally for days)
Project Name - part1 - part2 - part3 - etc.
Project Name - part1 - part2 - part3 - etc.
-----------------------------------------
Part totals:    l    3    l   2     l     7    l   

Current stock:l    1    l   0     l     2    l

I will pm you guys to get copies of what you have.

I also installed SpiceWorks which is a free networking and IT tool I use in my work. It is great and has an Android app to view inventory etc. but I don't think it is the right tool for building up an order.

Any other ideas appreciated-
C
Sent via soup cans and string.