News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What projects can take 1 or 2 SAD1024 delay ICs?

Started by Om_Audio, November 20, 2012, 09:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Om_Audio

I got 2 in the mail today but actually have no idea what I will use them in, any suggestions?
C
Sent via soup cans and string.

2tonewarrior

Most of the vintage EH modulators i think: Electric mistress, polychorus, echoflanger,... and the ross flanger too

jimijam

the original memory man used them as well as the ada flanger and original mxr117 flange. I've still got a few chips that are still packaged that I can't decide what to build with. most sad1024 circuits have a later mn3007 counterpart that is easier to find a varified project for. I think ggg still has a electric mistress layout for that chip. and the is a daughterboard layout to make it through zero on arrons forum.
tried lifting weights once....they were too heavy!

Scruffie

Don't use them for the sake of using them, save them for repairs or sell them to someone who needs one for a repair. They're getting rarer and rarer and almost all the projects that use them have since been converted to the much cheaper and more available MN3007 so it's a bit of a waste and should yours break, you might not find another for a repair so that's yours and someone elses pedal now destined to be shelved.
Works at Lectric-FX

Om_Audio

Thanks for the info guys, I will have to really consider what to do with them keep or sell.
Thx,
C
Sent via soup cans and string.