News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

First post, first etch...

Started by digistu, September 08, 2014, 10:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digistu

With the hand of glory there's no telling when you wake!

Hello, I've been lurking around on here for a while, drooling over almost every build report, so figured it was finally time to share.  This is my third build, and the first where I've a) not majorly screwed something up and b) attempted enclosure artwork. 

Inspired by Hexjibber's excellent tutorial and a love of the Wicker Man (original version, not the Nicholas Cage travesty), I found this artwork and adapted it to fit a 125b enclosure.  It took about four attempts, and I was on the point of giving up before finally cracking the paper/toner/solution combination, which explains why it's not the cleanest finish.  However, all the muck seems to fit pretty well with the overall feel of the artwork, and I'm pretty happy.  Already looking forward to improving with the next one!  And yes (spoiler alert), the LED does indeed simulate the smouldering corpse of Edward Woodward.

The circuit is a Mad Bean Double Flush (purchased to replace my first build - a veroboard Tremulator I could never filter the oscillator from successfully).  Nothing out of the ordinary to speak of here (expect maybe the stupidly oversized Wima top right - whoops) but it fired up first time and fulfils my tremolo needs!  I am now officially hooked on pedal building...

rullywowr

That is great work.  Glad to see you accomplish this. Feels good to make good on learning experiences....each build better than the last. :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

I love how this came out. Great etch and great artwork. I am not going to lie either.. I actually liked the remake also... less boobs but worth the watch :]

Cody

bcalla

Well done!  I have a grand total of - 0 - successful enclosure etches, so I am quite impressed.

Guitarmageddon

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

blearyeyes

Something about etches that make them look like they were found in an archeological dig.
Very cool job man!

wgc

Much nicer than my third one!  Love the graphic, great etch too.

A battery too!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Leevibe

Fantastic etch and great all-around build. Hey, you can fit way more toan into a big cap like that!

lincolnic

That is a really great build, and a beautiful etch. Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

TGP39

Very impressed and a little depressed. I still can't get my etching to look this good.  Well done and welcome to a great community.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

alanp

That looks quite good with no knobs...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

aeroemi

mmlee

The muckyness suits the design perfectly. Looks great. Get a bit of foam or sponge or something so the battery doesn't wobble about ...
>Marcus

jprizz

Its a great feeling when everything finally clicks and comes together. That looks great. Welcome to the addiction!

digistu

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I did get some small MXR style knobs to use, however I ended up deciding I liked it better without.

What a brilliant, encouraging community this is.