News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Exploratory journey to GA, we are looking to move.

Started by timbo_93631, February 16, 2017, 06:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBRAddict

Looks like there's some nice lakes down that way, though I hope your wife isn't commuting to the north metro from there.

timbo_93631

Quote from: EBRAddict on February 28, 2017, 08:53:45 PM
Looks like there's some nice lakes down that way, though I hope your wife isn't commuting to the north metro from there.
No, she got a job at the county high school so the commute will be about 5 minutes!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

timbo_93631

Flying home today.  I'll try and make a full picture laden report in the next few days.  The short version for now: Atlanta is crazy.  I was expecting traffic, but not the unofficial 85mph speed limit.  It is all good until inevitably someone wrecks, then it is a big wreck and everything goes to crap.  Lake country, and especially Putnam county where we are moving, is just amazing.  People are great.  History around every bend, just so cool.  We are looking at getting a newer home on the edge of town in Eatonton, only 116 years old!  I visited one yesterday that will be 200 next year.  So so nuts.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

EBRAddict

One thing about GA, there are no speeding fines up to 9 mph over the limit. They can write you a ticket but there are no fines, so guess what? They don't write any tickets for less than 10 over. It's a state law, written decades ago because small towns were financing their municipalities with speeding tickets (think 10 full time officers for towns of less than 2,500 population). I believe they recently made it even less attractive for towns, limiting the % of their revenue that can be derived from traffic fines.

timbo_93631

Heading back to GA tonight, home inspection tomorrow.  Our house here is in escrow, and well on our way to buying the house out there.  Been such a busy month since I got home.  Just devastatingly​ brutally busy getting our house ready to sell, showing it, inspections etc, but good to be over that hurdle.  Now, time to see what's what with the GA house.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

TNblueshawk

You are not having to drive near I 85 I presume. That's a nightmare.
John

timbo_93631

And 2375.4 mi later, we have arrived!  Well, 2 days ago, but it has been so busy this is the first chance I've had to post. 
Sunday Handwound Pickups

matmosphere

Congrats man!! Hope it doesn't take long to settle in.

m-Kresol

all the best for your and your familie's future in GA. hope it is everything you imagined
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

BrianS

That's great.  Now you can get back to winding those awesome pups you make. 

timbo_93631

Quote from: m-Kresol on June 18, 2017, 11:14:26 AM
all the best for your and your familie's future in GA. hope it is everything you imagined
And more!  We have an armadillo issue, I've killed a snake that was threatening the children, I've lost some lbs. working in the heat and I've gained some lbs. eating southern food.  We love it here!
Sunday Handwound Pickups

nzCdog

selfdestroyer

Glad you guys got there safe. Miss having a pedal builder buddy in Fresno already! Wish the best to you and your family Tim.

Cody