News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Workbench Cleverness

Started by Leevibe, February 15, 2014, 07:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Quote from: jighead81 on May 02, 2014, 02:33:53 AM
Got some cardboard and tape and went crazy. I couldn't find any bins around okc that I thought would work

Nice! DIY all the way

Clayford

Quote from: Leevibe on April 02, 2014, 05:11:33 PM
I hope it's not too annoying bumping this thread again.
[...]

No please don't share things like this ever again.

[/sarcasm]
head solder jockey, part time cook: cranky&jaded

DuctTapeRiot

Got some cardboard and tape and went crazy. I couldn't find any bins around okc that I thought would work

I do the same thing, only I use coin envelopes. I think it was $5 for a box of 500, and that way you can just write directly on the envelope. That way I can also set aside any empty, or close to empty envelopes so I know what I need for my next order.

Another thing I do which I find SUPER helpful, is I use pieces of cardboard as templates to build up all the wiring and for wiring all the off board stuff to the PCB. I have templates for most of the common layouts now. This way I can be doing all the wiring, while I am still working on finishing up the enclosure. I will see if I can take a pic of one tonight.

Leevibe

Quote from: DuctTapeRiot on May 05, 2014, 05:46:13 PM
Another thing I do which I find SUPER helpful, is I use pieces of cardboard as templates to build up all the wiring and for wiring all the off board stuff to the PCB. I have templates for most of the common layouts now. This way I can be doing all the wiring, while I am still working on finishing up the enclosure. I will see if I can take a pic of one tonight.

This is a great idea Dave. I have heard that some people have done this with foam core too. Definitely post a pic.

flanagan0718

I recently did this. It's a 1/2 in binder with playing card sleeves. It holds all of my resistors nicely. I'm gonna make one for my 1/8 watt resistors and diodes too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk