News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sps switching board questions

Started by Ash, April 16, 2024, 12:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Any one else having trouble sorting out the sps switching board options? I purchased the files from vfe and got many of the boards and was going to start assembling some of them. The circuit pcbs are pretty clear but when I started looking at the sps switching board it all gets fuzzy.  In the files there is an SPS system board, a truesoft sps 15v board, a truesoft sps 18v board, a truesoft sps through hole board and a truesoft sps board. How the crap am I supposed to know which one to use for what? In the assembly documentation it has sps v2 assembly. It matches the 15v and 18v board but only shows one side but doesn't show the back side. No where else does it show what should go in those spots.  A few are easy but a few would just be a guess, lol. The truesoft sps documentation shows yet another board with different parts and then there is a spreadsheet for an smd version that once again used another set of parts.  I just wondered if anyone has come across any clear cut directions on what to use when and where with these? I really want to get some of these going but a the moment I am kinda throwing up my hands.  I don't mind a little pic programing or smd soldering but this is a bit wonky, lol. 

Aentons

Hmm, I don't see anything referencing 15v or 18v versions. Where are you seeing that?

As far as I can tell there are two versions of the SPS switching boards.

1) Truesoft SPS - this is mostly thru hole components with 2-3 smd ics on the back.

2) SPS System - this has mostly smd components and was designed for mass production. I think he only sold these fully assembled

You want the Truesoft SPS pdf in the assembly folder

Ash

So if you look in the eagle files in the universal documents folder it has all the switchboards I listed.  the picture in the assembly folder shows Truesoft sps v3.1 and has a few smd on the back and th on the front. If you pull up the eagle file it's actually version 3.2 and has everything on the front and is all through hole. I assume this is the one I will eventually use. In the eagle files there is also an sps 15v (shows sps v3) and an sps 18v board (shows sps v3.4).  The 18v appears to be the newest based on date.  I also looks like it has fewer components and returns to the th on the front with a few smd on the back. In the assembly file it shows sps v2 assembly which matches the 18v and 15v format but doesn't show anything about the smd components on the back.  Essentially there is nothing in the assembly folder that matches any of the actual boards completely.