News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by jimilee, June 30, 2017, 05:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This thing sounds awesome. Glued in neck, Grover tuners,P90 pick ups and a Bigsby, I love it. It has a volume for each pickup then an overall volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

atreidesheir

Wow.  Epiphone is hitting them out of the park.
Enjoy that baby!
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

Timko

Is that a Wildkat? From what I understand about them, the body (well, sides and bottom) are milled from a single piece of wood with a ply top.  I've heard the wiring in them is suspect (the configuration of the controls is very Gretsch, which means there's a lot of wire going to a lot of places), but I've always loved the look of them.

jimilee

Quote from: Timko on June 30, 2017, 05:56:57 PM
Is that a Wildkat? From what I understand about them, the body (well, sides and bottom) are milled from a single piece of wood with a ply top.  I've heard the wiring in them is suspect (the configuration of the controls is very Gretsch, which means there's a lot of wire going to a lot of places), but I've always loved the look of them.
It is. I was floored that I had never seen or heard of one before. Given our hobby, wiring isn't really an issue, only paid 239

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Timko

Nice score!  You're right on the wiring; it's a simple modification for most that spend time here :).

I was curious about the construction because I am on the pre-order list for the Epiphone Johnny A, which is constructed in a similar fashion (exception it should have trestle bracing rather than a center block if it's constructed like it's $6.2k Gibson big brother).

jimilee

Quote from: Timko on June 30, 2017, 06:04:13 PM
Nice score!  You're right on the wiring; it's a simple modification for most that spend time here :).

I was curious about the construction because I am on the pre-order list for the Epiphone Johnny A, which is constructed in a similar fashion (exception it should have trestle bracing rather than a center block if it's constructed like it's $6.2k Gibson big brother).
Not sure about the construction, it would be worth looking in to though.

alanp

That looks amazing! I tried a Wildkat once, it was a muddy mess. Good to hear that you've got a good'un, though!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

I have been using my tube screamer lately, that cleaned up my jazz master and this thing quite a bit. Those guitars don't seem to like fuzz all that much.

AntKnee

Jimi, at this rate, you're going to need a NHD to make room for all your NGDs.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

jimilee

Quote from: AntKnee on July 01, 2017, 02:43:59 AM
Jimi, at this rate, you're going to need a NHD to make room for all your NGDs.
I'm hoping to buy a house after the first of the year. I did give 6 of my brother's guitars to our cousin. My brother always attributed his love of guitar to him.

brianq41369

Actually pretty darn good for the price! I had the wildkat with flames &  kool dice knobs. Are they still making these or is it used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: brianq41369 on October 09, 2017, 03:17:03 AM
Actually pretty darn good for the price! I had the wildkat with flames &  kool dice knobs. Are they still making these or is it used?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes and yes.