News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"Gravy Train" - Darkside done treble-y.

Started by timbo_93631, October 23, 2012, 09:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I got this PCB from Bean awhile back, I think in his emergency sale.  Coulda been Holiday PIF, I can't remember.  Anyhow, I took every opportunity to make it brighter aside from changing two of the 220nf caps to 100nf.  I like it.  Has the 500kc sustain knob, 100k volume.  I am still trying diodes in it.  It has 1N4148's in right now but I have some BAT41's in the mail.  Chickenheads are some of the new phenolic ABS knobs from Mammoth and I gotta say they are a real step up from their regular knobs.  Finish is my regular sparkle black but with a green and gold glitter flake over that then distressed and clear coated.

Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

hoodoo

Very classy look mate, you could have got a job at Hiwatt in the 70's with that wiring :).
Did you use a stencil for the name?
All the best, Matt.

Haberdasher

and did we tell you
the name
of the game
boooooy

awesome looking build, man!  funny enough i'm building one of these right now too.
that pink wiring seems fitting somehow. ;D  is that solid core?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

Yeah, that's beautiful.  I dig the graphic and the wiring is very clean.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

timbo_93631

Thanks guys.  I went back and forth on what to name it but I knew I wanted something from "Wish You Were Here".  It was almost "Steel Breeze", but there was a band that took that name in the 80's and it almost sounds like some kind of heavy metal aftershave.  Smells like sweat, leather, and Aquanet.
     The lettering is all done with an Elmer's gold paint pen.  I accidentally bought one with a calligraphy tip and it is making my letters come out much more interesting/hokey/fun.  The wire is top coat bonded stuff I got out of the Lowrey organ I recycled last year.  I cannot find any wire that compares.  It is the same stuff used in Thomas Organ Crybaby's, it just forms and routes so nice and under the insulation it is clean as can be covered in that good ol lead solder!  I have to find another Lowrey to gut because of this wire.  Pink wire is in honor of my baby girl who is due to arrive anytime in the next 3 or 4 weeks.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

bigrigg

Wow!  That looks very nice.  Excellent looking finish.  Congrats.  Have a cigar. ;)

eldanko

Dang that's some fine wiring. 

"Which one's pink?"  ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

nzCdog

timbo_93631

Again, thanks guys.  I ended up with BAT41's in the first pair of diodes and OA1160's in the second as my favorite combo.  My ears are ringing now.  It is definitely one of those pedals that wants to be played loud to sound the best.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

njkke

GREAT! Now you need a Univibe and an Echorec! :D

nzCdog