News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lizard Queef

Started by LaceSensor, April 21, 2023, 10:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

This was so much fun being involved in and its the first pedal I have actually built from scratch in...a week shy of a year! whoa.
Ive modded stuff and rehoused stuff in the meantime but actually making something totally from bits, so thankyou to the DIY community for the inspiration and JHS et al for the impetus.

The vero was my own layout based on the hard work of  Bugg, and some parts inspiration from Bean (cheers guys)
I honestly dont think this is all that rad of a thing, but its a moment in time and cost me about £25 in parts, £17 of which was the fancy Hammond green box.

I hope you enjoy the play on words and honest circuit description as much I as I do.

madbean

Looks great and good call on the big enclosure! You probably could put two in there and called it Queefotron or some such thing.

Aleph Null

Ah! I see you got the ultra-rare inverted graphics!

This is a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the vero layout.

LaceSensor

hehe dont tempt it. This was all for the pure joy. Seriosly, thanks for your hands in inspiring me to actual build a pedal again. Its been too long

jwin615

Quote from: madbean on April 21, 2023, 10:43:51 PM
Looks great and good call on the big enclosure! You probably could put two in there and called it Queefotron or some such thing.

Zilla Queef

jwin615

Awesome job LaceSensor. Glad my twisted views can sometimes be used for good.
Now you need an aplty named bass balls clone to go with it

jimilee

Really nice job. Now matter how much you try to get out, we pull you back in.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Really slick ( and quick ) work. Envious of the ones who can do a clean vero ...or a functional vero. Enclosure's great, too.

selfdestroyer

I have a feeling there will be multiple Queefs around here.. lol

Great build man! I am going to attempt to etch a board tomorrow so I can get on this Lizard train.

LaceSensor

Quote from: selfdestroyer on April 22, 2023, 04:33:08 AM
I have a feeling there will be multiple Queefs around here.. lol

Great build man! I am going to attempt to etch a board tomorrow so I can get on this Lizard train.

Get on the bandwagon :)

jwin615

It would be serendipitous if the diy community flooded Reverb with Lizard Queefs.
A call to Arms!... Or Irons!

EBK

Quote from: jwin615 on April 22, 2023, 11:51:22 AM
It would be serendipitous if the diy community flooded Reverb with Lizard Queefs.
A call to Arms!... Or Irons!
I'm planning to build one called Original Design Ljzard.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

Super cool!  8)

I don't see the trimmer on the layout.  Is that for the LED?

jjjimi84

Ah the ol lizard queef, any truck drivers around these parts?!

Absolutely love it!!! Nice clean work.

LaceSensor

Quote from: Bio77 on April 22, 2023, 03:59:56 PM
Super cool!  8)

I don't see the trimmer on the layout.  Is that for the LED?

Yeah just a CLR trim for led brightness