News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Greenies: Lucky 13, 808 + Cludge of the Month

Started by G.G., April 05, 2021, 02:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.G.

Continuing with 2021's theme of Poorly Planned/Poorly Executed Builds, here's my Lucky 13 and 808. The 13 is a Basic Audio Lucky Number that is now on my board because it sounds excellent and responds surprisingly well to picking dynamics. Tried to disguise the offboard spaghetti with zip ties.

The 808 is two TS variants, a Hudson Sidecar and Nucleon's Son Of Screamer that includes a focus control like a Zen Drive. Also features the Cludge of the Month: 2 chunks of hot melt glue stick to keep the Sidecar board away from the cable tip. I used a generic OC44-type PNP from a failed attempt at a Rangemaster for the Sidecar which is held in place with a comfy piece of foam. Currently on my board as well, they sound great! And, clear knobs are currently trending in Austin, TX!

PapaKev

I like the color. Very nice. Gotta say its the first time I've seen a squid in a build.  ;)

G.G.

Quote from: PapaKev on April 05, 2021, 03:37:35 PM
I like the color. Very nice. Gotta say its the first time I've seen a squid in a build.  ;)
;D :D ;D :D it needed a little place to live

jimilee

Those look great. You got a lot of wire going on in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

G.G.

Quote from: jimilee on April 05, 2021, 03:50:25 PM
Those look great. You got a lot of wire going on in there.
It is a lot of wire, I need to stop cutting extra just in case and start planning it out better. Next time. . . . . 8)

gordo

In my case it would have been the first time I'd used hot glue and not had the associated spider webs.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?