News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Man O War DX - Tayda printed build

Started by slowpogo, April 05, 2021, 04:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpogo

I had this enclosure printed and drilled by Tayda (I did the graphics myself). I image-traced a drawing I found of a man o' war jellyfish, and used the Nintendo font in italics for the main text. Turned out exactly as it looked in Illustrator, including the colors. In comparison to Pedal Parts Plus, who I used a few years ago when they still did one-offs, the printing quality and fidelity is WAY better. For all I know PPP has upgraded their printer since then but in any case I consider Tayda a fantastic option. Also, the enclosure cost about $17 TOTAL which is an absolute steal.

The pedal is a real banger. It pays to take a lot of time to calibrate it because the trims are so interactive with each other. I actually found that different compander chips -- Philips, Sigma, CoolAudio -- DO sound a little different, more than you might expect. I was able to eventually dial in an ideal analog delay sound and I like it even better than madbean's Total Recall.

jimilee

Nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Bio77

That looks great! Did you use any of the add-on services (white, gloss, or emboss) for this?

PapaKev

dawson

Great color choices for the layout- it looks better than a lot of professionally-made pedals out there.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

slowpogo

Thanks all!

Quote from: Bio77 on April 05, 2021, 08:28:34 PM
That looks great! Did you use any of the add-on services (white, gloss, or emboss) for this?

It does have the "emboss" option. The graphics are raised and tactile with a glossy, gel-like appearance, looks really pro. Everything is also printed in the white layer under the colors.

Since I did this, they've added a "double-pass" option for white and color, but I don't think you'd need that unless your enclosure is black or very dark.

cooder

Excellent, epic build and top notch graphics!
BigNoise Amplification