News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shocked and Saddened.

Started by pryde, June 08, 2014, 03:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

It is not my intention to bum anyone out but I feel a need to share my loss, perhaps as a way to cope. Just yesterday a good friend, fellow musician, and super-good guy took his own life. He was struggling with some mental health issues for a while but honestly no one realized how deeply troubled he was.

We played guitar together and I built him a couple pedals just because I liked the guy so much. I wish I could have been more perceptive to his struggles and reached out to him more. Just sad, thanks for listening.

midwayfair

chordball

Sorry for your loss. One of my best friends just did the same thing almost 2 months ago now. I had known him for 17 years. Some days are good, some days are really hard and you never know when it will hit you again. You just can't replace someone like that. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.

micromegas

Sorry man. Just remember him as the good guy he was.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

PhiloB

Sounds like you were a good friend.  Sorry for your loss. 

jrod

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

muddyfox

This sucks a big one. While I haven't been through anything like that, I'll echo the sentiment that the best you can do by him is to remember the fun times.

atreidesheir

Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

mah62

So sad. I feel your pain.

Mark

Leevibe

That is incredibly sad. I hurt for you. No question you were a good friend to him.

rullywowr

That is so sad to hear.  Had this happen myself a while back.  My condolences,  keep on keepin on.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pryde

Thanks everyone. Its been a damn tough day. I got out from under my rock and did some trail running while listening to a mix of Smashing Pumpkins in his honor (one of his very favorite bands). Felt mentally pretty good actually.

jtn191

Sorry to hear it. I don't know if it had anything to do with it but these are tough times for musicians, the downtrodden, and lonely. I've lost some friends before and it stays with me and I can only imagine in that circumstance.

brucer

I'm really very sorry to hear about your friend.  Mental health and loss are big issues.  I think it's great that you've reached out for support here, that you're honouring your friend and taking care of yourself.  Seriously, that's massive.  Sending good thoughts your way.