News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The unnamed Fuzzzzzzzzz

Started by DutchMF, July 29, 2013, 08:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Dudes, it feels like too long ago since I've posted a proper build report, so here it goes! I'm going to need your help on a number of things, any advice will be appreciated!

First off: It's a 1776 Five O'Clock Fuzz. No fancy mods, just the plain by-the-numbers build, here she is:

Guts:

yup, AC125's in there, kindly provided (for cash, of course!) by Chromesphere. Look up his store, it rocks!

Enclosure is one of those Hammond Trapezoidal ones, but for a change the wide part is at the bottom, just to try something else. Finish is Hammond factory black, abused with a red paint pen, hope you like it!

The help I need is as follows:
-I used to be able to rotate my images on the old Imageshack, but on the new one (it sucks, as far as I'm concerned!), I can't figure out how to do that!! This has been very frustrating for me, Mrs Dutch is suffering from my angry moods and swearing at the PC, so please advice!!!  ;)
-I have no snappy name for this pedal as of yet, suggestions are welcome....
-Provided I can get it biased right and record a demo in time, should I enter?

Thanks for lookin' and any advice you might have,

Paul

*EDIT* :I managed to rotate the pics after looking at another forum members pictures on the old Imageshack and from there clicking to my own pics?!#$>?&^???? Why can I not access that myself???
Goin' mad here.......
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

spaceboss

Digging the pinstriped rat-rod look.

billstein

Nice build as usual Dutch. It's interesting how easy it is not to pick up on the box being trapezoid. Mentally I just assumed it was distortion from the camera lens until I re-read your post.

pickdropper

I like the red designs on the black enclosure.  Looks sharp.  Nice wiring, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

billstein

Quote from: DutchMF on July 29, 2013, 08:13:37 PM

The help I need is as follows:
-I used to be able to rotate my images on the old Imageshack, but on the new one (it sucks, as far as I'm concerned!), I can't figure out how to do that!! This has been very frustrating for me, Mrs Dutch is suffering from my angry moods and swearing at the PC, so please advice!!!  ;)

I rotate them in Windows Photo Viewer before I upload them to Imageshack.

Right click on the photo icon/open with/Windows Photo viewer. Then you can use the arrow to look at all the photos in that folder and rotate them, delete them etc.

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

lincolnic

Man, I really love your style.

Bret608

Actually, I think you should enter this. It's a really classy look, and this month is the aesthetics month, right? Sorry I can't help with the naming--the look does remind me of something, but my brain can't make the connection enough to actually produce something!  :)

How are you liking the fuzz? I still haven't tried a Fuzz Face but am about to finish and test the board on an Si/Ge hybrid (vero!) in the next week or two. Also, I just tested a Marshall Supa Fuzz (MkII-esque) on vero this weekend and it rips.

kothoma

Red Sparks Washer Ride Fuzz
(OK, maybe a bit too long for being snappy)

DutchMF

Quote from: billstein on July 29, 2013, 11:48:02 PM
It's interesting how easy it is not to pick up on the box being trapezoid. Mentally I just assumed it was distortion from the camera lens until I re-read your post.
This is actually frustrating me quite a bit, they look so much cooler in real life than in the pics!

Quote from: billstein on July 30, 2013, 12:11:03 AM
I rotate them in Windows Photo Viewer before I upload them to Imageshack.

Right click on the photo icon/open with/Windows Photo viewer. Then you can use the arrow to look at all the photos in that folder and rotate them, delete them etc.
I do this every time before uploading, and still Imageshack manages to mess up at least half of the pics I upload. With the new Beta version of IS, the ability to rotate is gone (or I can't find it...). But thanks anyway, I might try doing it with MS Picture Editor

Quote from: Bret608 on July 30, 2013, 01:33:49 PM
Actually, I think you should enter this.
I will! Tonight will be about testing, biasing, and recording a demo......

Quote from: kothoma on July 30, 2013, 02:49:13 PM
Red Sparks Washer Ride Fuzz
(OK, maybe a bit too long for being snappy)
I might just do that, as nobody has posted an alternative  :D

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it makes me feel good sharing stuff with all you nice people!

Paul

billstein

Quote from: DutchMF on July 30, 2013, 03:45:31 PM
It's interesting how easy it is not to pick up on the box being trapezoid. Mentally I just assumed it was distortion from the camera lens until I re-read your post.
This is actually frustrating me quite a bit, they look so much cooler in real life than in the pics!

I'm building a 2-in-1 in a trapezoid box right now so I'm thinking through how to present it. Maybe the first photo should be straight down on the pedal so people see the shape. Perhaps that would prepare them to see it in the photos that follow. On the other hand, might not help at all. Well that was helpful wasn't it? You're welcome.

kothoma

Quote from: billstein on July 30, 2013, 06:24:02 PM

I'm building a 2-in-1 in a trapezoid box right now so I'm thinking through how to present it. Maybe the first photo should be straight down on the pedal so people see the shape. Perhaps that would prepare them to see it in the photos that follow. On the other hand, might not help at all. Well that was helpful wasn't it? You're welcome.

What about that? Either take it only at a slight angle or have something square nearby for reference.

DutchMF

Quote from: billstein on July 30, 2013, 06:24:02 PM

Well, actually I like it that somebody is putting some thought in this, I haven't  ;) Since you're building a 2-in-1, I take you're using the larger trapezoidal from Hammond? (I keep forgetting which is which, TRP-something...) Now, first of, I don't want to spoil this for you, just use it as a bit of inspiration, cause the results can be very cool. Check this out: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=3902.0

Paul

pickdropper

You could try taking a straight on photo from a bit further away and crop it.  You're likely to get a bit less distortion that way.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper