News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fuzz Factory with 7 knobs

Started by EATyourGUITAR, August 24, 2011, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EATyourGUITAR

the tone knob is taken from the easy face and works great. the grit is just 100k to 350k on Q1 CB. thats a 100k with a 250k pot.

part of a complete set

thats a modded LPB on the left. you can switch them both together with one footswitch but you must put the fuzz in the loop of the boost. I kinda f*d up and my diode clipping is dependent on the volume of the fuzz factory. you could just run a volume knob in a box after the fuzz factory and it would switch together with all the clipping and no volume problems. next time I'll just make a 8 knob version with less switches.

nzCdog

Huuuge!  That looks like great fun, and I like the color scheme  ;)
One of the guys here, druz15 had an entire board of orange pedals at one time

cjkbug

Quote from: nzCdog on August 24, 2011, 08:18:10 PM
Huuuge!  That looks like great fun, and I like the color scheme  ;)
One of the guys here, druz15 had an entire board of orange pedals at one time
that's a good look. I saw another guy on tgp with a whole board of pedals repainted white with no graphics, I think his pedaltrain was painted white too. very striking.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

bigmufffuzzwizz

Man that's one hell of a modded FF. I like the combo of the two..if you can take a demo!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

druz15

hehe the old orangeboard. Got so many "why are your pedals orange?" at gigs

Still have a lot of orange pedals but these days my board is peppered with a lot of multi-coloured stuff too. And a lot of it is too hard to repaint, plus it loses a bit of resale painted orange. One day when I'm mega-rich I'll get everything copper-plated or white just like Jack White haha.

Nice build

dwstanford

Pedal board economy be damned!  That is the biggest fuzz factory ever built.  I love it!  I love the look of this pedal.  It looks loke Napoleon Dynamite's time machine.

jkokura

Yeah, compared to the size of the PCB, that enclosure is ginormous.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jtn191

I'd like to hear your opinions on the bass switches, clipping switch, and tone knob
+1 for a demo of those mods

EATyourGUITAR

I haven't actually tried them together. I built them on different days and I always drop my stuff off at a local place for consignment. I should just go and grab all my pedals for a proper weekend of fuzz jamming. to answer your questions...the bass switches are all the electros switching to larger values, including the drive cap. so thats 22uf INPUT 22uf DRIVE and 47uf OUT. the input and output caps are so close you should just do 22uf IN and 47uf OUT on every fuzz factory. the drive switch is a small change as well. the biggest waste of space ever. when in one of the clipping modes, you must turn the volume up for clipping. without another volume knob, its completely unusable in a live setting. its just way too loud when using the clipping with vol turned up. I would totally do it again and not use any switches at all. clipping can be done with two volume knobs, "gain" and "vol". the tone control is from the easy face. google it. the grit is just a 250k linear in series with a 100k resistor on BC of Q1. it is useful but can be left out if your dont have space. 7 knobs on a 1590BB is possible with 16mm or 9mm pots. bring back the PCB Mr Bean :)