News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny (P19) help needed

Started by mjcyates, July 29, 2014, 01:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjcyates

Hey guys I am building a P19 using a Mudbunny 2010 board and Juan's Muff spreadsheet. I have it built but it does not seem to be functioning properly. When I have the volume and sustain dimed it is barely above unity and sounds like a low gain overdrive. I played through a Skreddy P19 yesterday at a local store to see what it should sound like and my build is miles apart. Any ideas on what the issue could be? Thanks in advance.

selfdestroyer

Did you use the BC550C trasistors? If so, did you make sure they are all flipped since they are 180 from 2N5088 on the mudbunny? Just a thought.

Cody

mjcyates

I would say that is the problem. I did use BC550 transistors but I did not flip them as I didn't realize they had a different pin out. I will swap them out tonight. Thanks for your response.

mjcyates

Amazing how much better things work when you follow directions. Flipped the transistors and it works like a charm. Thanks again for the help.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: mjcyates on July 30, 2014, 12:48:01 AM
Amazing how much better things work when you follow directions. Flipped the transistors and it works like a charm. Thanks again for the help.
Glad it worked for you. I only know the solution because I have done the same a few times. That's how we learn.

Cody