Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Poindexter and more

Started by DuctTapeRiot, January 29, 2012, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

Quote from: medicament on August 14, 2012, 11:36:25 PM
Quote from: nzCdog on August 14, 2012, 08:05:52 PM
Fluorescent lights generate radio frequency noise which can interfere with high gain circuits like this one :)
Ok. Maybe some schematic modification can solve this problem?

Put a 22pF cap between the input and ground. Keep the leads as short as physically possible. Even a millimeter or two will keep it from working.

medicament

Quote from: midwayfair on August 14, 2012, 11:46:50 PM
Quote from: medicament on August 14, 2012, 11:36:25 PM
Quote from: nzCdog on August 14, 2012, 08:05:52 PM
Fluorescent lights generate radio frequency noise which can interfere with high gain circuits like this one :)
Ok. Maybe some schematic modification can solve this problem?

Put a 22pF cap between the input and ground. Keep the leads as short as physically possible. Even a millimeter or two will keep it from working.
to solve this problem i choose other transistor Q5. 2n3904 have big noise figure = 4 (in datasheet). i choose bc557bg (this transistor have noise figure = 2).
With this transistor i cant hear radio and other noise. May be in perfect find similar transistor with good gain.

DuctTapeRiot

Shielding the enclosure with copper tape and properly gounding it was a PITA, but totally took care of any RF problems, even under shitty power, and being 100m from a radio re-transmission tower.

Pvt. Parts

Just a fast one, can I see the Kill switch gusts? I'm guessing you just put a jumper from hot to ground or do you put in a resistor, I don't want to damage my amp or pedals... but I think the volume control on the guitar dose just that, run off resistance to get less volume
"Do what you can with what you have where you are" T. Roosevelt