News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

February 2013 Build Contest PIF >>

Started by Fastocker, March 16, 2013, 01:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fastocker

OK guys, maybe we'll start a cool little tradition here . . .

To thank MB for the monthly build contest and to pay it forward a bit, I'm offering the following:

One (1) brand new undrilled 125B pedal enclosure powdercoated in the color of your choice.  And I mean THE COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE . . . provided I have it in stock, lol.  But never fear, my garage shelves and cabinets are bulging with various color powders . . . candies, dormants, solids, pearls, veins, textures, you name it -- there are probably 100 different powders out there so I can likely get pretty close to your dream color.

What do you have to do to nab the 125B?  Why, just be the first to post the correct answers to this simple two part trivia question . . . going back to my early childhood with this one:

A.  What was the name of the pop/rock band that landed on Gilligan's Island?
B.  What were the names of the individual band members?

You have to correctly answer BOTH parts to win the box.  All are welcome to enter --- mods, MB himself, any forum member.

Now the bad part . . . I'm willing to ship the pedal anywhere in the CONUS no problem . . . but international shipping is a real buzzkill.  I just visited the USPS website and went YIKES when I priced out Priority Mail shipments outside the USA.  So if you're outside the US and would like a box coated in your color of choice then we may have to split the shipping or come to some agreement on that one.  Hope that sounds fair?  I'm an internationally known cheapskate.

Alright, let's have at it -- good luck!

Now, when I say I have a lot of colors . . . I mean I have a LOT of colors.  These are just some of them:

My favorite color this week?  Orange Moon Metallic with glass clear top coat.  I may even be talked into cutting the winner a celluloid top cover if desired . . . . here's a 125B in the OMM with a tiger celluloid cover on one of my El Mo' pedals:

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

murdog47

The Mosquitos! Bingo Bango Bango and Irving!!!!

Stomptown

Man I was just a minute too late! Good job Murdog

murdog47

I know this because this episode was on one night while drinking with my roommates in college. We made a drinking game called Bingo Bango Bango! I do admit I had to use google to remember Irving  :)

Fastocker

LOL --- Murdog, you da man!  That was quick! You got one letter wrong but I'll give it to you anyhow (Bongo).

Alright my friend, PM me your name and shipping info and let's discuss some colors.  What do you like -- red, green, blue . . . ?  First let's get a color then we'll go from there . . . solid, candy, metallic . . . hell, I can even shoot sparkle on top if you like.

BTW, seems Mary Ann is the popular choice . . . but I was always a Ginger guy . . .

Owner of Unique-Vibe, LLC
www.facebook.com/uniquevibe

murdog47

Ah! The second Bango was a type'o! Meant Bongo  :)

jprizz

WOW, that is a stunning looking pedal. I REALLY like the celluloid cover! Yet another cool idea.
-Josh

pickdropper

Quote from: jprizz on March 16, 2013, 02:11:28 PM
WOW, that is a stunning looking pedal. I REALLY like the celluloid cover! Yet another cool idea.
-Josh

Absolutely this.  Between the enclosure color and the celluloid cover, it looks fantastic.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper