News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MPB Charlatan Build

Started by dawson, May 26, 2022, 05:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawson

I finally finished building out a MBP Charlatan- it's super cool to have access to this circuit without the BIG box and the weird power requirement.  As we all know, The Worm wasn't exactly a master of any of its' 4 effects, but it's got a lot of quirky sounds to play with and I'm especially fond of the auto-wah thing that it can do.

I modeled this little light shield in Fusion 360 and 3D-printed it:

It fired right up after I realized I'd mis-wired the IN/OUT leads..
I'm noting that the longer RATE times don't sound as smooth as the shorter times but, to be honest, that's how the DEMO's of the original pedal sound.  Anyhow, to sum up, it's not like 4 solid new effects in 1 like EHX may've boasted, but I'm super happy with the weird wormy wiggles that it brings and it's a really great project and PCB.

If you're wondering WTF is wrong with this guy who thinks it's okay to build upside-down pedals with no pants on, this thread may answer a question or two:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32053.0
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

cooder

Excellent and super tidy, great build and light shield brownie points to boot! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

zombie_rock123

Super clean reverse etch! Love the build and the 3d printing addition is boss
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Thewintersoldier

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

Looks great! That light shield is killer. How does the auto wah compare to other circuits?

blackhatboojum

Nice and clean looking build.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Bio77

Awesome build!   8)

The light shield is super pro.  I also like how it is sitting on top of the MB logo.  It looks like the Bean is wearing a fancy hat.  ;D

dawson

Thanks for looking!
I'm enjoying this build a ton.

Quote from: Bio77 on May 26, 2022, 05:51:19 PM
Awesome build!   8)

The light shield is super pro.  I also like how it is sitting on top of the MB logo.  It looks like the Bean is wearing a fancy hat.  ;D

Great, now I can't imagine Bean without wearing a blinking yellow LED thinking cap.. and I don't even know what the man looks like!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

nzCdog

Spotted that light shield and thought... Yes 8)
Congrats, etch is hot too :)