News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ManOWar - Maxon AD900

Started by Daza, August 26, 2022, 10:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daza

Hello! I've been using madbean pcbs for many years, this is my first time building a pedal and I'm so happy I have to show it off. In my country (Chile) it is very expensive and slow to bring components, so it took me time to put it together, it sounds great and the fact that it has tails is a great addition. I used bypass buffered.

jimilee

Mine must be defective, mine just makes me sound like a bass player trying to play guitar. Yours looks amazing.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Great build!  I'm with Jimi, mine doesn't have that many notes in it :-)

Excellent playing and demo.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Daza

Thanks for the feedback. It has problems with the impedance of the effects loop of my rectifier, it cuts the signal badly (in my 5150ii it works perfect), it is not the clipping of the mn3007 so I suspect the ne570, I ordered them from a Chinese seller through ebay, but I already bought some v571 from cabintech

nzCdog

BryGuy

blackhatboojum

Nice build.  The Man O' War is my favorite analog delay build thus far.  Personally, I think this delay works best running in front of your amp.  When you say "Rectifier effects loop", are you referring to a Mesa dual or triple rectifier amp?
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

Daza

Yes, I am referring to a mesa boogie dual rectifier MV. I have to lower the send level a bit and it doesn't saturate. I mainly play metal, it doesn't serve me to use it on the front

blackhatboojum

Quote from: Daza on September 02, 2022, 03:43:19 PM
Yes, I am referring to a mesa boogie dual rectifier MV. I have to lower the send level a bit and it doesn't saturate. I mainly play metal, it doesn't serve me to use it on the front

Gotya.  Well, that's actually the nature of of a parallel effects loop.  You weren't experiencing an impedance mismatch it was more of a too hot of a signal scenario.  Lowering the send level is exactly what you need to do to keep the circuit from clipping.  The reason you don't experience the same thing with the Peavey is because it has an instrument level series loop.  As far as the man o' war out front... I too am a hard rock/metal player, with a cranked jcm 800 clone, with no effects loop, and it works great out in front.  That's actually why i like it so much.  It's more subdued and doesn't have the output like most delays, therefore works great in front of distortion.  Out of the countless delays I've tried, this circuit is the best one I've ever put in the front of my amp.  Give it shot, it might surprise you.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

in8241

Great pedal, great graphics, great playing! You nailed it!