News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Returning to the fold…

Started by flanagan0718, July 26, 2023, 01:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hello all,
It's been a bit over a year since the plumbing accident at my house (which ruined almost all of my stuff). So I took a bit of time off and a break from the scene. Also in that time I lost my job and became a full time stay at home dad with my 2 year old twins and 9 year old daughter. I now seem to have a bit more time on my hands and...well, idle hands and all that. So, instead of continuing the hobby from a musicians eye (tendinitis in my left hand prevents me from playing guitar) I am focusing more on the development side of things. Which means learning how to properly breadboard. Which I am excited for. Anyways I want to say thanks to all of you for the support through out the years and I am looking forward to this new outlook. Thanks everyone. You'll be seeing more of me round here again.
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madbean

Shoot, Mike glad to see you back around the way. If you want to get more into the nuts and bolts side of things I have some reading material I can give you.

flanagan0718

Quote from: madbean on July 26, 2023, 10:27:37 PM
Shoot, Mike glad to see you back around the way. If you want to get more into the nuts and bolts side of things I have some reading material I can give you.
That would be MONUMENTAL! I would seriously be eternally grateful. I actually am putting the finishing touches on my proto rig I bought from you a long time ago! Can I send you something in return? Knobs, switches, a couple enclosures?
-Mike-

jimilee

Welcome back, Mike!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: jimilee on July 26, 2023, 10:35:36 PM
Welcome back, Mike!

It feels right. I feel at home here! Thanks man!

gordo

Oh man, good to see a familiar face back!! 
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 26, 2023, 10:30:49 PM
That would be MONUMENTAL! I would seriously be eternally grateful. I actually am putting the finishing touches on my proto rig I bought from you a long time ago! Can I send you something in return? Knobs, switches, a couple enclosures?
-Mike-

Nah dude. I have everything I need, thanks. I'll get you hooked up tomorrow.

harryklippton

Greetings fellow stay-at-home dad!

flanagan0718

Quote from: harryklippton on July 27, 2023, 12:25:24 AM
Greetings fellow stay-at-home dad!
Hey bud!! Love that dad life!! Best thing that ever happened to my family! Hope to see more of you around here!
-Mike-

flanagan0718

Quote from: madbean on July 26, 2023, 10:43:00 PM
Quote from: flanagan0718 on July 26, 2023, 10:30:49 PM
-Mike-

Nah dude. I have everything I need, thanks. I'll get you hooked up tomorrow.
You're the best!! Thanks Brian!
-Mike-

Govmnt_Lacky

Welcome back Mike! Place wasn't the same without you  ;D

I've been slowing down myself with regards to building so, if you ever need anything... just gimme a shout!

flanagan0718

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on July 27, 2023, 10:39:11 AM
Welcome back Mike! Place wasn't the same without you  ;D

I've been slowing down myself with regards to building so, if you ever need anything... just gimme a shout!
Thanks bud! Sometimes it takes a lot of bad to see the good! Now that my twins are 2 years old and my daughter is 9 (I still remember posting her pictures here when she was born) I have a little more time on my hands.

I saw that you were looking for some parts in the BST. DM me if you still need them and what you need. I can take a look and see if I saved some from the disaster.

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the warm welcome back!
-Mike-

peAk