News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Orange (Red) Llama - SnarkDoodle2019

Started by redkurn, March 21, 2021, 01:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redkurn

This was a nice and easy build, sounds cool too.
With a little bending and pushing the wires are holding the pcb in place pretty well and added some hot glue to just make sure nothing bounces around.

3D printed 1590B was definitely more of a joy to work in than the 1590A. XD

gordo

Your printed enclosures look really good.  I see you have the same hot-glue spiders in your house as in mine :-)
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

redkurn

They come out pretty good, but yea I do have the stringing spiders that won't go away and the first layer has gaps because dip in the center of the bed.
Definitely makes it more fun though, I'd do knobs too, but I really liked the aluminum that I got from SmallBear.

I need to work out some real graphics, painters tape kind of takes away from it. XD

diablochris6

Awesome! How durable does it feel under foot?
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

redkurn

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 21, 2021, 05:08:23 AM
Awesome! How durable does it feel under foot?

I don't feel any flex, but I'm just pressing with my toe until it engages and while installing the knobs I noticed they were a tight fit and a little flex was felt, but the center is more prone to a 1/16 of a inch when pressed hard.
Printed with no infill, it's all walls and solid.

I intend to build a rack that fits on my desk eventually, but after testing they sit on my desk.

jimilee

I bet relay switching will put less stress on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

redkurn

Quote from: jimilee on March 22, 2021, 01:18:41 AM
I bet relay switching will put less stress on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely, it's pretty solid as is, but if it had a coat of paint it would probably last a bit longer.
When the translucent enclosures are back in stock and I have the funds to spend $11 a box, they will be re-homed and have all the boxing issues known with solutions especially for my vfe builds, the triumvirate needs figured out before I drill into a aluminum box and I ordered the exact knobs listed for the alpha dog and triplet. hoping the new model knob was the issue and not something up with the drill guide.

With this one I definitely enjoyed cutting up a drill guide and moving the bits around to make my own which will come in handy for the bazz fuzz that is showing up finally on tuesday, had to re-order it with tracking so customs would let it through, first pedal is now 5th. XD

matmosphere

Looks cool, love the orange! 
I've been wanting to experiment with a 3D printed enclosure for a while, good to know it can be done.

You should print up some artwork too!

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Matmosphere on March 22, 2021, 11:58:17 AM

This! Effects layout has done 3d printed faceplates that look awesome. You could secure it to an enclosure and hold it in place with the mounting nuts for your pots and footswitch. You could even offer it as a service if one were so inclined.
Who the hell is Bucky?

redkurn

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 22, 2021, 12:07:00 PM

This! Effects layout has done 3d printed faceplates that look awesome. You could secure it to an enclosure and hold it in place with the mounting nuts for your pots and footswitch. You could even offer it as a service if one were so inclined.
Looks cool, love the orange! 
I've been wanting to experiment with a 3D printed enclosure for a while, good to know it can be done.

I might give that a try, could be fun and easier to paint since orange is the last bit of filament I have. XD

Working on the amp I posted about, getting some odd readings and I am thinking I found the issue, will post about it on that thread though.

matmosphere

yeah, I need to post some more pics. I was doing 2 and 3 color faceplates recently and they looked pretty cool, just a mater of changing filament at a certain level. My BOTY entry had one

What kind of printer do you have? Is the material PLA or ABS? I still have a hard time with ABS for some reason

redkurn

I've got some green hatchbox abs, but never tried printing with it, also petg, but that usually comes out brittle with thin features.

I've mostly used pla and have had this cr-10s for nearly a year, had to replace a few parts to get it working this good and it had the classic dip in the center which even my mirror can't compensate fully.

Using the mesh it's helped, but getting it exact isn't easy and I've finally got it tuned to near perfection after it sat clogged for a few months.
X axis belt snapped and I had ordered two spares knowing it would eventually happen, that's when it started to get really good. At most it's .4mm out of spec with my prints.

I'm not too lazy, but I don't want to tempt fate just yet switching material and tramming the bed with shims since I can print boxes closer to the front and get better results.

Definitely going to print a plate with a llama and labels though. XD