News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity Build

Started by irmcdermott, April 10, 2012, 02:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irmcdermott

Still trying to dial this one in just right. I like it though. I think this might be the cleanest wiring job I've done in a long time. Color is the Columbia Coatings Dormant Granny Smith. I wasn't sure I would like this color, but man is it purty.

Box before population:

Box after population:

Guts:

Sorry for the Instagram picture, but it's the only one I have with the yellow LED on:

I'm absolutely loving the external nut DC jacks and the plastic Neutrik 1/4" jacks. I got switched jacks, and wired the wrong Tip on the input... plugged my cable in and the LED went off... easy fix though. Need to buy some metal nuts for them though.

The Japanese (i hope that's right, maybe it's Chinese) lettering is supposed to say "Serenity" or something close to that... at least that's what the internet tells me. The internet never lies, right :)

Ian

jkokura

Never. I believe everything I read on the interweb, including the things that directly disagree with each other.

Also, that's a hot colour. I love it.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

culturejam

That's a nice looking build, sir!
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

sgmezei

That enclosure looks fabulous. I really dig the colour. A great looking build. I am still loving mine.

gtr2

Great build!  One of my favorite colors too.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimmybjj

Looks great! Also good job on capturing the color, those dormants are impossible for me to photograph.
Pcbs no longer available

Bret608

I think your pictures make this color look even better than it does on PPP's website! I also like the external nut dc jacks...makes for a neater interior when needed.

That is Chinese, but it would likely be the same character in Japanese, which uses a combination of Chinese characters and its own phonetic alphabet (making it one of the world's most complex writing systems). It would be a different spoken word between the two languages, I think.

nzCdog

Very nice... like it a lot 8)

gtr2

I had to look at this one again.   ;D

Are you using the eastwood gun?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

irmcdermott

Quote from: gtr2 on April 10, 2012, 08:13:09 PM
Are you using the eastwood gun?

Thanks for all the comments guys! Yup, I use the eastwood gun.

Quote from: Bret608 on April 10, 2012, 06:04:55 PM
That is Chinese, but it would likely be the same character in Japanese, which uses a combination of Chinese characters and its own phonetic alphabet (making it one of the world's most complex writing systems). It would be a different spoken word between the two languages, I think.

Thanks for the info. I know I found the word in both languages, just couldn't remember what I ended up using. The bitmap image was really grainy, but thanks to the "Trace Bitmap" tool in Inkscape I was able to "vectorize" it an ake it crystal clear. I love that program.

Thanks again everyone!

Ian

redbean

Man, what a great paint job!
es là-bas!!

frankie5fingers

That looks great Ian.  Like the others, I love that color and whatever the writing says, it gets the message across.  The wiring looks great too.  Now all that said, how does it sound?  Any favorite settings or reference tones you could compare it to? 

irmcdermott

I haven't really had a chance to play with it too much. Too busy with work to rock unfortunately.

rullywowr

Nice job. I love the cc dormant as well - one of my favs

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

frankie5fingers

Well it's a great lookin' build Ian - I'm thinking about one and would love to hear about what you think of the sounds.  I'm planned to use it with a tweed Pro.  Your impressions would be appreciated, please update after some play.  Thanks