News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Build #53 - Stone of Doom

Started by Kunfuz, October 31, 2014, 11:58:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunfuz

Another Ultra Stoner, this time with low gain BC549B transistors, built for myself for a change.
This will end up on my Obrero-board inplace of my Swollen Pickle mkII.

chuckbuick

Sweet.  Is it still pretty doomy with lower gain trannies?  And which DC jack is that?

alanp

Most likely doomy :) (I've heard a friend play amazing power metal through a 5E3 and 2x12 with only SD Invader pickup to kick it in the rear.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

I bet your build is awesome as ever, but since some "upgrade" one or two weeks back my browser keeps blocking half of the picks... anyone else got a problem?
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

selfdestroyer

Looking good. I would love to hear a sample of this to compare with my lowgain version that is still not boxed yet.

Quote from: m-Kresol on November 01, 2014, 07:24:27 PM
I bet your build is awesome as ever, but since some "upgrade" one or two weeks back my browser keeps blocking half of the picks... anyone else got a problem?

What browser you using? I had that problem with Chrome a few weeks back but it got fixed with an update a week ago or so.

Cody

m-Kresol

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 01, 2014, 09:02:34 PM
Looking good. I would love to hear a sample of this to compare with my lowgain version that is still not boxed yet.

What browser you using? I had that problem with Chrome a few weeks back but it got fixed with an update a week ago or so.

Cody

I'm using Opera 12.16 on my mac. No updates available and as far as I recall the last thing I changed was to update java. No ideas why that should affect pics. But it's only the ones imported to the forum from photobucket or whatever it's called... everything works fine with safari, though
I'll keep looking for the solution
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Opera 12.16 on PC, here, all the pictures work.

The sooner Opera give up on chasing the cellphone dollar and continue working on the 12 series, the better! Can't stand the new version, and the other browsers don't have the Opera shortcuts I've used for more than a decade.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

playpunk

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 01, 2014, 09:02:34 PM

Cody

What transistors are in your low gainer? I am thinking about trying some sub 200 hfe mojo trNsistors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Kunfuz

Thanks guys, and sorry, no demo for this one, cuz I stuck it on my Obrero-board last night at rehearsal.
It is however ultra-doomy despite being around 250-300 hfe, and more detailed then the one I built with hi-gain BC549C  ;D
The DC jack is a snap in type I received ages ago in a parts lot.