News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus problem

Started by stringsthings, April 16, 2016, 01:26:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stringsthings

I have a problem with my Collosalus build.  ( 2015 PCB ).  When I apply power to all the IC's, the LT1054 gets very hot and I don't get the correct voltage out of the 15V regulator. 

I check the voltages on each IC before moving on.  Every IC tested OK until the last one, the MN3007.  Without the MN3007, I get correct voltages on all the IC's.  But as soon as I put the 3007 in, the 15V out of the regulator drops ( to around 7V ) and the LT1054 starts getting very hot.  Since I have this problem, I have not even connected the inputs and outputs.  I bought the 3007's from a China Ebay seller and I'm wondering if the chips are defective. 

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  I do plan on getting a "good" 3007 from Smallbear or another reputable place.
All You Need Is Love

Orbis_Ignis

Sounds like a fake mn3007. I wouldn't buy anything from Chinese sellers on eBay. In my experience they are either bad or fake. Now, I've bought a bunch of diodes from German, Russian, and European sellers and they've all been good. I'd just get a good mn3007 from smallbear