News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Total Recall Output

Started by Stratosphere, April 05, 2017, 12:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stratosphere

Finally got my total recall working after debugging and biasing (which took me forever).   The pedal sounds amazing, but I do have one issue. Is it normal for this pedal to drop the volume?  I have about a 3 to 4 DB drop in output when I engage the pedal. Was hoping there's a way to rectify this without having to fiddle with my volume pedal every time I engage or disengage the delay.

Thanks!

bsoncini

This is not normal. You should be able to go well above unity with the level pot.

Stratosphere

Good to know bsoncini. Any suggestions on what to check to correct this?  Could it just be a biasing issue?  Thanks!

bsoncini

I am not an expert. Maybe more knowledgeable people will chime in. If it was me. I'd turn the blend all the way to the left to get rid of the delay signal. If you still have the problem. I would poke around with the audio probe around the level pot and see where the volume drops between the input and blend pot to pinpoint the problem.

Stratosphere

Ok, I took bsoncini's advice. When I dial back the blend to 0, I get unity gain, but no more. With the delay up, the repeats start to distort after about 3:00 on the level.  One other interesting thing I found is that even with the pedal off, the level knob affects gain, when I dial it down, it reduces my signal, whether or not the pedal is on.

bsoncini

If you haven't wired it for true bypass that is normal. When the pedal is off you can use it as a clean boost and as you turn the level pot up it starts to distort.

Stratosphere

Ok, I did some more work last night with the gain pots and got it a lot cleaner, and somewhat louder. Think I'm gonna leave it alone for now. I appreciate all the help!