News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Everyone is getting coal from me this year. (Sappy content)

Started by SmoothAction, December 24, 2014, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

The first year of my sobriety was the hardest...but worth every shed tear.  Stay strong.  Love how you've let us all in to your pain.  Do the same in your 'real' community.  I couldn't have done it alone.  My recovery friends are some of dearest friends:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtr2

Hang in there...time moves on...wounds heal...

Life is short, enjoy the small things.

Prayers for you and your situation.

I have the Thunderbird PCB's on the way.  I'd like to send you everything you need to build one up when they come in.  A complete kit!  (enclosure, bits, and all) You can sell it for college funds, keep it to play, or donate it to the music center.  Just PM me your info.  I believe I may have your address already but send it anyhow.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

playpunk

Sobriety is worth it.... Hang in there

"my legend grows" - playpunk

Leevibe

thesameage

Hang in there. Had a few friends go your route and they survived! Pm me your info. I have so wtih for you. Happy holidays!

JR

SmoothAction

This has been an incredible 24hrs, friends. The amount of support and positive words here has been nothing short of amazing... I must admit I've been staring at my wall again, not out of WTF, but the kindness of others. It's rendered me speechless and brought a few very happy little tears to my eyes. I don't know what to really say even... other than what we have here reaches far beyond building pedals.

I've decided to swing by the center today and drop off this little guy. It's simply an EA tremolo, as I thought the kids would like something more "obvious". We all love our transparent overdrives with clean blends and active EQ sections, but somehow I don't think the kids would appreciate it as much as we do haha.

I put it together in Eagle (thank you Jkokura for the tutorials, that's a gift that keeps giving) and got them fabbed at OSHpark a while ago, but never had the motivation to build it up. I had to sacrifice some other builds for parts to get it together but it sounds great. I can't wait to see them plug it in. I don't have a spare power supply so I need to tack on a battery snap before I head down there, I found one in some old alarm clock in my garage.

Guys, this has been nothing short of an amazing experience. The generosity here has truly blown my mind, I can't wait to turn around and spread it to others. You have picked up someone who has fallen and given the support to keep fighting the good fight.

Bless you guys, man. Merry Christmas. You don't know how much this has helped. Spread the love today, I know I will be.

-Max

Leevibe

Beautifully built!! Gorgeous layouts. Why am I not switching to white wire? :)

flanagan0718

PM me your address too. I would love to help. I have a few boards that I could part with especially for a good cause.

chromesphere

Hey Max,
You have come to the right place.  This forum and its people are quite amazing and you fit in here perfectly.  Sorry to hear life's been handing you lemons.  I consider my self pretty lucky generally.  I'm sending you some of my luck vibes.  Trust me, these vibes are like...A Grade, 100% money back guaranteed.  They'll work ;-)
Hope things improve mate
Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

SmoothAction

Hey y'all, little update. The kids really like the pedal (especially turning the rate knob with their foot), unfortunately the 1/4" cable I gave them is crapping out so I'll have to get another one for em' or fix that one. Either way it's all good. They also lost all the picks too, just like a real guitar player.

I was asking about maybe helping out with their music program. I'd be working for free, but I'd rather be there teaching little ones how to shred gnarly licks than at my house with the cheater. We'll see what happens after the new year, but it would be pretty cool. They don't have enough funding for anything really, so I would have to supply pretty much everything. That's ok though. 

Anyways, the dark stale hole I was in a few days ago is starting to fade. I really appreciate the kind words guys. I really do just have to hang in there. Looking to move out with a good buddy for a bit while I work at Taco Bell  :-[ for the time being.

Bless y'all man. Every f'n one of you.

<3