News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD + Opinions Wanted

Started by culturejam, August 03, 2018, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

I know I'm late to the party and you already have your config picked out, but I wanted to chime in that I think doing it up like this would be cool

culturejam

Quote from: dan.schumaker on August 05, 2018, 11:27:19 PM
I know I'm late to the party and you already have your config picked out, but I wanted to chime in that I think doing it up like this would be cool

Is that a single up front? I might be up for that with a bucker in the back. I'm going to mull things for a few more days.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jimilee

That's a serious bridge pickup too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aristatertotle

Quote from: culturejam on August 06, 2018, 12:08:13 AM

Is that a single up front? I might be up for that with a bucker in the back. I'm going to mull things for a few more days.

Here's a better picture of that Strat.

If your Strat has a pool route, you could keep the battery in there and not have to route for a battery compartment. Would be a bit of a pain to have to take the pickguard off anytime you need to change the battery though.

pickdropper

Quote from: Aristatertotle on August 06, 2018, 03:01:53 AM
Quote from: culturejam on August 06, 2018, 12:08:13 AM

Here's a better picture of that Strat.

If your Strat has a pool route, you could keep the battery in there and not have to route for a battery compartment. Would be a bit of a pain to have to take the pickguard off anytime you need to change the battery though.

Yeah, that looks great.  I'l also a fan of Daphne Blue with a white guard and EMGs.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

All right, I'll throw out a love it or hate it option.

Two P-Rails, V/T setup, two DPDT switches for the pickups (or 1 if real estate is an issue), and an on board Bloviator (trimmer pots inside to tune, switch in the second tone position to bypass).

P-Rails are the Swiss Army knives of pickups - they don't do anything particularly great, but they do a decent job of all three.  I have found they sound better in Fender-ish guitars and longer scales.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: GermanCdn on August 06, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

Two P-Rails, V/T setup, two DPDT switches for the pickups (or 1 if real estate is an issue), and an on board Bloviator (trimmer pots inside to tune, switch in the second tone position to bypass).

P-Rails are the Swiss Army knives of pickups - they don't do anything particularly great, but they do a decent job of all three.  I have found they sound better in Fender-ish guitars and longer scales.
Throw a couple of push pull pots instead or switches.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

Quote from: jimilee on August 06, 2018, 01:18:49 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on August 06, 2018, 01:10:14 PM

Throw a couple of push pull pots instead or switches.

Yeah, the push pots for the P-Rails limits your switching options to Humbucker OR Single Coil OR P-90 (i.e both pickups are setup in the same configuration, so if you want to run a HB in the bridge and a SC in the neck, you have to mission control the switches) if I am not mistaken (it's been a few years since I installed one).  Two switches gives you the AND ability in that configuration.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.