News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Why Does The Moon Tremble?

Started by diablochris6, January 02, 2014, 11:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Had a hankering for a tremolo, and when I saw that the Tremulus Lune could have SEVEN FREAKING KNOBS, I knew what I wanted.  Seriously, seven knobs.  Who would have thought that a tremolo needed that many (I know, there are simplified versions of this to tame the features, but seriously, SEVEN KNOBS).  I picked up the 4ms PCB as a birthday gift from my wife, and then I ran out of money.  After saving my pennies, I finished this bad boy up right before the new year rang in.  Sounded great!  But my love of knobs quickly became my horror as I tried to figure out how to put it all in a 1590BB box with room for a cool graphic.  Seriously, SEVEN FREAKING KNOBS.  After very careful calculating, I managed to get them in how I wanted and even added extra LEDs for eyes.  LED eyes are the equivalent of googly eyes you get at craft stores or drawing mustachios on movie posters; I can't help myself!  I added a rate doubler foot switch, but since I don't have an extra electrolytic cap on hand, it isn't attached yet.  Also, the LED googly eyes create a pop when I turn the pedal on, but that will get fixed as soon as I get another electrolytic.  As for the graphic, I thought, "Why would the moon tremble?  Maybe it is because a being that devours worlds is on its way?"  The image is a decal on clear paper, so the dark "black sparkle" enclosure obscures the image, making it a little more ominous.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

selfdestroyer

The eyes glow! That's awesome. A 7 knob tremolo should definitely be added to the "Because it was there"  thread.

dropanchor812

That is one cool build!  I like how you arranged the knobs.  Was it difficult to calculate the positions of the holes on that curve?

spaceboss

Ooooohh Galactus...  8)

And no sign of that pesky Silver Surfer. Cool design, did you paint it on?

diablochris6

Nah, not too hard. The six knobs are all touching each other; there is 10mm from the wall to the center of the outer pots. The higher pots of the arch are 10mm from the wall, the middle level is 15 mm, and the lower pots are 20mm from the top. The staggering allowed for space for the DC jack.

diablochris6

The illustration started out hand-drawn, scanned, colored in GIMP, converted to vector and tweaked in Inkscape, and printed onto sticker paper.

lincolnic

lego4040

I love it, THe tremulous moon is a awesome pedal and takes sometime getting used to to tweak & 7 knobs is crazy