Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Am I being a total JA about this?

Started by BrianS, August 11, 2017, 12:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: BrianS on August 11, 2017, 07:50:15 PM
Its on its way back.

You definitely did the right thing. Gibson does have a bit of a QA problem as we all know.

Funny story (which I am probably totally not supposed to discuss), but my wife works for Mapex/Sonor and has a colleague that works at Gibson here in Nashville. That employee was just let go after letting a promo photo get out of a guitar with a major chip in the finish. The photo went through several sets of eyes before being released publicly (I feel bad for the guy, honestly...he's not to blame).

That said, they'll pry my SGJ from my cold dead hands...best $500 guitar ever.

Zigcat

Quote from: madbean on August 12, 2017, 12:22:29 AM
Quote from: BrianS on August 11, 2017, 07:50:15 PM
Its on its way back.

You definitely did the right thing. Gibson does have a bit of a QA problem as we all know.

Funny story (which I am probably totally not supposed to discuss), but my wife works for Mapex/Sonor and has a colleague that works at Gibson here in Nashville. That employee was just let go after letting a promo photo get out of a guitar with a major chip in the finish. The photo went through several sets of eyes before being released publicly (I feel bad for the guy, honestly...he's not to blame).

That said, they'll pry my SGJ from my cold dead hands...best $500 guitar ever.

Poor guy. https://www.gearnews.com/gibson-les-paul-standard-chipped-damaged-site/

madbean

BrianS

Quote from: EBK on August 11, 2017, 11:06:53 PM
Anyone else get a minor chuckle from "Gibson Security" on that sticker?  ;D

They're probably armed with "axes", so I wouldn't laugh in their faces....

No the freaking mouse patrol could very jump out the box and eat your face lol.