News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serendipity-no drive

Started by slimtriggers, July 26, 2011, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slimtriggers

Never got it figured out.  So, I etched my own from Madbean's layout and started from scratch.  Works great!  I think this is my new favorite drive 8)

Man, that insulation on the Smallbear wire really shrinks up when you solder it.  I think I'm going to try out the "Barry's Best" wire and see if it's any better.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigmufffuzzwizz

That's the way to do it. Great job!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

snz728

great job.  I might have to do the same thing with my neutrino. 
Did you use the parts from the old pcb or start with new board and new parts?

slimtriggers

Quote from: snz728 on August 04, 2011, 12:26:27 AM
great job.  I might have to do the same thing with my neutrino. 
Did you use the parts from the old pcb or start with new board and new parts?

Caps, resistors and sockets were all new.  I used the same transistors, IC and off board components.  Since the switch and jacks were already wired up, it was really only just a matter of stuffing a new board.  For me anyway, that's a whole lot faster than trying to debug the other one.

jkokura

I've only ever had one board defeat me. I had a Phase 90 clone I was building, and I tried for a looooong time to get it to work. I finally got a new board and it fired up immediately. SO frustrating, but glad it's working for you.

Like the crazy enclosure too.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

The only one that has defeated me so far has been a CE-2 clone! Those damn modulation effects.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rullywowr

I had the same issue, built 3 different Serendipity boards from the etching layout.  Got volume, tone control, but the drive was very weak.  I kept scratching my head and finally came back to the layout.  Turns out I goofed with the C2 capacitor from incorrectly converting it to uF.  I was using a .47 or something when I should have been using a .0001 uF.  Check your cap values - they are easy to screw up is my advice.  I hope this post helps someone in the future with a similiar issue.

Now I have like 3 or 4+ Serendipitys...guess I will have to give some to friends :)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!