News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NP(haser)D

Started by lars, March 27, 2023, 11:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lars

I recently picked up an original Maxon PT-999, from back when it still mentioned Greco on the label. This is a slightly modified version of the Phase 90, and I have to say that so far it's the best 4-stage phaser I've ever owned. This thing stacks great in front of an overdrive and gives it that classic 70's "chew" that has been on countless recordings. It's a very musical phaser as well that doesn't overpower the mix or add a ton of it's own tone (and no volume drop). It just enhances whatever you've got going on with swirly goodness. I've never tried an original script logo Phase 90, but from what I've read online, this Maxon version is better. I'm impressed with the condition it's in too, considering it's 47 years old. If you like phasers and don't own one of these, it's highly recommended.

blackhatboojum

This is badass  8)!  I've always wanted to get a hold of one of these and run it through its paces.  I'm kind of a sucker for old Maxon modulation and delays.
The kind of guy who sticks a fork in his Dr. Pepper... If you know what I mean.

jimilee

No gut shots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jessenator

Now there's a treasure. Very nice find!

lars

Quote from: jimilee on March 28, 2023, 02:01:29 AM
No gut shots?
Here ya go:

Talk about cramming in the components! It's cool that they have an enclosure inside the enclosure for the PCB.

jimilee

Nice, I don't know how they got it all in there and still working when it was boxed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lars

Quote from: jimilee on March 31, 2023, 10:24:07 PM
Nice, I don't know how they got it all in there and still working when it was boxed up.
Vintage 70's MIJ = Awesomeness that we're still trying to figure out.

jwin615

Holy Disc Caps Batman!