News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Low effect level

Started by vicovibe, March 31, 2013, 09:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicovibe

I built a Pork Barrel a few months ago and it has low effect level. Has anyone experienced this issue? I am sure it is an incorrect component I installed. The pedal sounds beautiful but even with the level full up the effect is not very loud. I adjusted the trim pot many times and I feel that it set correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

jimilee

Quote from: vicovibe on March 31, 2013, 09:21:54 PM
I built a Pork Barrel a few months ago and it has low effect level. Has anyone experienced this issue? I am sure it is an incorrect component I installed. The pedal sounds beautiful but even with the level full up the effect is not very loud. I adjusted the trim pot many times and I feel that it set correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you check the resistor values?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

vicovibe

Yes sir I sure did and that is  great idea to check the again thanks

PimpMyTone

I had that problem  and in my case it was a fake mn3101 . Now it s working but it s more subtle than my original ce-2 .
Simon

vicovibe

OK guys I am worthless and weak. I have tried everything to get the effect level up only to fail. Do you guys know anyone with experience with this board that I could send this to and have it fixed?

jkokura

I wouldn't give up so easily. It might just be that you need to take a bit of a break from it for a while.

Take a look at this thread and look at the info you need to share with us. When you get back to this, take a look at the voltages, and double check all the values and resolder any fishy solder joints. Once that's done, you might have found the problem.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals