News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New stuff, batch 3

Started by juansolo, August 21, 2013, 05:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

The Gunslinger

Built on a 1776 Effects Cardinal PCB, this is Jon Pattons Harmonic Tremolo. A fantastic effect that sets out to emulate harmonic tremolo from Fender's 1960-1963 amps.

The only thing I should have done here is added the wave pot outside for the standard tremolo mode. The next one will fix that. I've got it on a nice compromise setting as it is.

'75 Drive

We repaired Hao Rust Driver for PhilK and liked it so much we planned to make one for ourselves. So built it on vero, then PhilG heard it and bagged it before we had chance to box it up.

Malcom was requested by Phil. We aim to please :)

Sucker Punch

Another 1776 Effects PCB (which Cleggy populated). This time the Sucker Punch built as a Coloursound Bass Fuzz. We were lacking in Bass fuzziness. Not any more.

Baby Bender

Built using Stomptown's ultra-tiny (and very symmetrical) MkII Tonebender board. It's very, very wee.

Also of note is that this is the first polished and Envirotex'd mini build. Made possible by using 16mm pots. It's the future!

Mini Foo II

A Tube Screamer on a Beejive Pupa PCB. Also using 16mm pots and in a polished enclosure coated in Envirotex.

The only thing left now is to sort out the Sharkfins. Works really well as an envelope filter, but we can't get the sample and hold working right yet... *fingers crossed*
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

DutchMF

All looking fantastic as usual, Juan!! Considering the Gunslinger, wouldn't it be possible to add a third pot (solder lug) just above the head of the guy with a 3PDT growing out of his ass?  ;) How does the Bass Fuzz actually sound on Bass? I've got a populated board ready, with all the caps socketed and was thinking I'd make this a gift to the bass player from my band.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

Can't do it. If I drill through the top it'll lift the Envirotex and I'd have to re-decal it. I can live with it. When we do Cleggy's we'll add it to his.

Of note on the build also was that we preferred it with Q3 at 7.5v as it clipped too much with humbuckers otherwise. The other two were at 8v and 7v as per the doc. Sounds superb, Jon's made a stonker there.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Yup the Sucker Punch works pretty well. Cleggy hasn't got a proper bass amp however to test it with, so we're going to lend it to a bassist and see what he thinks.

lincolnic

Wait, something's wrong - I can see the wires in that Tube Screamer!

Inspiring builds, as always.

Vallhagen

Someone around here is pro and productive ::)... Great job mr Juansolo!

I could tell here as well and anywhere else; i just got home from rehearsal where i put my Cardinal in front of my Low Rider and then OD and ... a bunch of volume on the amp. Gave me an absolute awesome wicked lead sound... Recommend to try it!

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

alanp

The switch board on quite a few of these look like you sprinkled fertilizer on them, and wires sprouted and grew towards the effect board... tidy as always :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guitarmageddon

Great stuff.
Enviro over polished enclosure, eh? Might have to try that on an etch.
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

giantrobot

Dude where did you get the tiny 1/4 inch jack for your mini builds?

Tremster

Quote from: juansolo on August 21, 2013, 05:54:18 PM
The Gunslinger

Stephen King reference noted. The door, the roses, the skulls.
Very cool builds!

juansolo

Quote from: giantrobot on August 22, 2013, 07:56:06 AM
Dude where did you get the tiny 1/4 inch jack for your mini builds?

They're Lumbergs. I spotted them on someone else's build on here and found they stocked them at CPC (Farnell). Annoyingly they're double the price of the Neutriks I usually use, but they are tiny. Still need to shuffle them a bit more on the mini builds, there's more space to be had there!

http://cpc.farnell.com/_/mj-159m/6-35mm-jack-socket-mono-panel/dp/AV17481
http://cpc.farnell.com/_/mj-161m/6-35mm-jack-skt-stereo-panel/dp/AV17482

Quote from: Tremster on August 22, 2013, 08:22:19 AM
Quote from: juansolo on August 21, 2013, 05:54:18 PM
The Gunslinger

Stephen King reference noted. The door, the roses, the skulls.
Very cool builds!

You can't make it out in the pic, but the dark tower is through the door also :)

raulduke

Awesome work as usual Juan!

I'm also partial to a bit of the old Lumberg jackage.

pickdropper

Another stunning batch of pedals.

If you want to do a true tribute to the Dark Tower series, you need to make 8 pedals, 3 of which are really good and 5 of which are mediocre at best.  ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Tremster

Quote from: pickdropper on August 22, 2013, 01:19:14 PM
If you want to do a true tribute to the Dark Tower series, you need to make 8 pedals, 3 of which are really good and 5 of which are mediocre at best.  ;D
That made me laugh.

noobtoob

Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace? Awesome builds, your batch posts help satiate the craving.

midwayfair

Awesome batch, especially the enviro-ed 1590As. :)