News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

000 Guitar Build (non pedal)

Started by pryde, July 11, 2013, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is my custom acoustic I built to Martin 000 specifications/blueprint using woods from LMI and stewmac.  Adirondack spruce top, solid mahogany neck, back, and sides. 12 fret slotted headstock design with 1-3/4" nut width, and 2-1/4" bridge string spacing. Of course a custom bone nut and saddle was made. The guitar is hand finished entirely with Tru-oil. Everything was done by hand except for routing the binding and rosette channels. Also, the sides where ordered pre-bent as I don't have a steam-shaper. The guitar setup excellent and plays like a dream, a real fingerpicker's delight. Notice the aluminum-etched logo borrowed from pedal building  :)

DutchMF

One word: WOW!!!!!!!!! I admire you a whole lot for doing this man, and the result looks soooooooo good!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Cortexturizer

I mean dude. Duuuude! Great work and congrats on having the balls to endure, looks really hard to build any guitar, especially an acoustic guitar...
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

stevie1556

That looks amazing! Well done dude!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

midwayfair

That's pretty spectacular. Congrats!

toetap

Love the sound of these OOO :) MY fav acoustic.

croquet hoop

Incredible. I'm currently finishing a maple neck with tru-oil, I don't even want to imagine what it's like to finish a whole guitar.

jprizz

Very nice! I hope to someday build my own too... someday... Nice tip of the hat with your logo plate too!

jimilee

F*************K!!!!! That's incredible. Makes my bass looks like a box of poptarts. I may just stop building and wash cats for a hobby.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

Man is that fantastic.  Some day I'd like to take a project like that on.  

You really did a great job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

atreidesheir

great googly moogly.
That kind of makes pedal building seem mundane.

Jimilee, that is the coolest thing I have seen in a while.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pryde

Thanks everyone. I have built a number of custom electrics and also just one other acoustic (a dreadnought). Building acoustics is MUCH more difficult d/t tolerances, neck angle, more intricate woodwork, etc. BUT, I am sure anyone here can build an acoustic by tapping into your DIY spirit, patience, and knowhow.

Most of the work can be done by hand tools as this one was. Just takes much longer. Start to finish this one took about 6 months chipping away at it as I had time. However, I do operate small repair business so the later part of the process goes much quicker for me (fretwork, inlay, bridge, saddle, nut, etc.)

Vanderfuzz

There's always room for noise.

diablochris6

Gorgeous build!  I'd be timid to tackle this even if it was a kit!  It's on my building bucket list to put together an acoustic...maybe a tenor guitar or something. One day when my workspace consists of more than my kitchen table!  I love the attention to the detail work that you put into this.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here